Back to you

This is a request for @niallhoranlover____hoope you like it!!

It's weird how it happened.

One day he was there and the next he was gone.

It was as if everything changed in the blink of an eye.

And looking down to see a positive sign on the pregnancy test in front of you hadn't helped at all.

But your family and friends have been there to support you and now you and your two year old son are doing better than ever.

The shock came when there was a knock on your door and you opened it to him. Blue eyes filled with regret and blonde hair now brown.

He had grown into his features and looked nothing like the young 24 year old you once knew.

"Hi" Is all he said as you stood there unable to speak.

"Mommy" Comes a small voice followed by little legs running up to hold onto your leg.

"Who's this?" Niall asks, suddenly looking confused and somewhat scared.

"This is Oliver" You say voice shaky "He's my son"

For Niall something clicks and he suddenly understands while looking at the bright blue eyes of the little boy. Blue eyes identical to his.

"You mean he's our son." He says looking directly at you, tears starting to form.

"Yeah. he's our son"

The two of you were now sitting at the table. Oliver put to sleep as mugs of tea sat in front of you.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, breaking the silence you two had found yourselves in.

"You left I-"

"You still could have told me" He says now sounding mad.

"I don't exactly want to talk to you. And it sure as hell seemed like you don't want to hear from me"

"I still have a right to know"

"You have a right to nothing" You say yelling quietly "You left. You walked out on me, I didn't think telling you I'm pregnant would have made you come back"

"It might have. If I had known..."

"You would have stayed?"

"Maybe"

"So I wasn't enough for you, But if you knew about Oliver that would be enough to make you stay?"

"Y/n that's not what i'm-"

"No Niall that is what you're saying. You left. And I raised him without you and I did a damn good job."

"Y/n"

"Why did you do it?" You ask as the tears start falling. "Why did you just leave?"

"Because I was scared. I have never loved someone as much as I love you and it scares the shit out of me, because I know you deserve so much better than who I am" He says.

"Still?"

"What?"

"It still scares the shit out of you?"

He pauses for a second to take his hand in hers and look at her.

"Yeah. It scares the shit out of me how much I love you"

And with that he leaned in and kissed you.

His lips were familiar and you two fell in sync as you kissed.

When you pulled apart he also had tears in his eyes.

"I am so sorry" he says looking at you "I never should have left"

"You're here now. And it's not enough. But it's something"

And yeah maybe you shouldn't have trusted him again, but something made you feel he was sincere.

There was a part of you that still loved him. And A part of you knew you always would, no matter what.