You Have My Heart

This is a part two to my last one shot "from Saturn to Mars"

It was cold and rainy when there was a knock on her door.

It was far too late for guests to be showing up announced on a Thursday night.

Despite how comfy the couch was, and how tired she was from a day of office work, she answered the door.

His hair was wet and everywhere, his eyes glowing when surrounded by the water on his face. And his breath was heavy as the two just stared at each other.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him. He was supposed to be in some other city, some other country playing a show for thousands of screaming fans.

But now he's standing outside her door.

"I'm not giving up" He says, eyes boring into her and breath getting steady.

Their phone call was two days ago. Two days ago she told him it was over. That they were worlds apart and seemingly nothing could bring them together.

"Ni-"

"I listened to what you had to say. And now it's my turn" His voice was calm. He wasn't angry, but determined.

"I love you, and I know this is hard and it's difficult and I haven't been making an effort. I know you've been trying to keep this relationship alive for the both of us, and I've been shit. I know I don't call you or text you as often as I should. I know I'm the one screwing this up. I know all that. But I am not letting you go. You are too good and too important for me to just let you end this. I want you in my life. And I'm willing to try. I don't want to be worlds apart. I want to be with you here right now."

"It's too late," She says, shaking her head.

"It's not too late. We can fix this, I want to fix this. Please". He sounded like he was begging. As if up until this point he was composed, but the dam was starting to break.

"Niall" She says softly, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Please" With pleading eyes and shaky hands he reached out for her. "Please let me fix this"

Their hands intertwine as her eyes look up to meet his.

"You promise it will be different?"

"Yes. I promise"

"Ok"

The air felt lighter as he let the tears fall while wrapping his arms around her.

Here in their own world, They couldn't be touched.