As the world moves

The night had a slight chill as the moon shone high in the sky.

The football field was deserted and pretty dark save for the few lights around the stands.

It was a small field. One used for the local sport clubs and not much else. Usually a laugh with people cheering and walking around but now at 2am on a Thursday night it was silent and empty.

Except for you and him. He had been in his head. Stressing about writing and recording and it was your job to calm him. So you got him in the car and brought him to the football field.

"Why are we here?"

"It's quiet, and you need a change of scenery. It's going to be hard to write if you're stuck in the same environment" you say sitting in the dark grass and laying your head back.

He follows laying down next to you and looking at the stars.

The only sounds are of cars racing down the street every so often. Beside them crickets chirp.

"This is nice," he says eyes closed taking in the feeling of it all.

"Told you it was a good idea to get away"

His eyes open as he turns to face you smiling.

"Yeah. You did."

You two sit in silence as the world moves and cars race and crickets chirp and as everything feels at peace.

"Look it's the big dipper" You say pointing to a cluster of stars causing him to open his eyes.

"I don't think that's the big dipper" He says smiling through the sentence.

"Well then it can be our big dipper"

"Our very own constellation"

"Exactly" you say interlocking your hands where they lay next to each other and moving so your head is on his shoulder.

"Do you think our love is written in the stars?" The question flows fro her lips as if she already knows the answer.

"Without a doubt" he says still looking up at the sky as cars drive down the road and the wind rustles tree branches "The sky is filled with the stories of our love" He says as you both close your eyes and let the world pass by.