When Did You Fall For Me?

This is kind of a part 2 to  Somehow we're Here

"Can I ask you something?" You say as the two of you are sitting on the couch, nearly empty bowls of popcorn and the credits of a movie rolling on the tv screen.

"What's up?" His arm is on the edge of the couch as you are sat squished next to him.

He's wearing an Eagles T-shirt that smells like him and you are wearing a sweatshirt you had plucked from his closet and had yet to give back. The lights were dim and a candle flickered on the end table. Ocean breeze.

"When did you know? That you love me, When did you know?"

He looks at you for a moment. Contemplating exactly how he should tell the story. And taking in just how far you two have come from the moment he realized.

"Umm. It was when we were 16" He started, trying to remember every detail. "Before I went on stage for my audition you pulled me aside and said " No matter what happens out there, I am always gonna be your biggest fan." And in that moment everything clicked for me. That was the moment"

He says looking at the smile on her face.

"Really? That's when you knew?" She asks smiling at the memory and the fact that he remembered it so well.

"Well when did you know?" He asks, smiling on his own face matching hers.

"When I came to visit you in New York for the first time" She says staring into his eyes "The minute I saw you after getting off the plane it was like this weight was lifted off or something and I felt like everything was right. And then you hugged me and gave me flowers and told me how much you missed me. And that was when I knew"

"Really? All it took was flowers?" He asks jokingly "Wish I knew that sooner"

"No. it wasn't just the flowers. It was seeing you after months and getting to spend time with you after being apart for so long."

She says as the candle flickers and the screen goes all black.

"Wow," he says. Looking at her as if she hung the moon. "You're such a sap"

"So are you" She says, mocking defense as their lips meet, and they kiss.