We'll see what happens

"Care for a dance"

He asks smoothly. The words flowing out of his mouth like a solid wind.

His hand is outstretched next to her.

She glances at it before looking in his eyes.

She hadn't seen him in years.

She's pretty sure the last time was when they were 14 and he kept pulling on her pigtails.

Even at 14 he acted like a child.

But now he was so much different.

He had a sharp jaw covered in a bit of scruff and his skin looked smooth and clean.

His hair was darker and styled up.

His navy suit framed him well. With his broad shoulders and tall stature.

He looked great. Completely unlike the blonde, crooked tooth boy she had grown up despising.

"Ok" She says, taking his hand in hers before they made their way to the dance floor.

He wasn't the only one who was different.

She too had grown up nicely.

Her hair was soft and draped down her back.

Her eyes were darker, more intense.

And she wore her dress with more confidence than she would have at 14.

Needless to say.

They both took great notice of each other's new appearance.

"It's been a while" He says once they're on the floor

"It has" She responds. There's a faint smile on her lips.

She had always found him cute. Although she'd never admit it to his face.

He had always found her beautiful. But that was the last thing he would tell her.

Especially since he used to tease her mercilessly as they grew up.

But now they are adults.

They had lived and grew up and experienced life without each other.

But they still came back together in the end.

And sure they'll blame their parents, saying they're the only reason they still talk to each other.

They'll say they came to say hi to mom and dad.

But they both knew the truth.

Whether they wanted to admit it or not.

They came back for each other.

A part of them did anyway.

Some small part they both pretend doesn't exist, came back for the other.

"You look good," he tells her. Before twirling her around to the beat of the song.

"You don't look so bad yourself" she says with red lips and a tinge of a smirk on her face.

"You never really were the best at giving compliments," he says with a laugh

"Maybe you were just never deserving of them."

"And now?"

"We'll see what happens Horan"