16. Out of My Mind

(DREW)

            It feels like my heart ripped into pieces. I was so upset. Luckily Willy survived his heart attack. Or at least I think it was a heart attack. The doctor told me to visit Willy from time to time at the hospital. I might as well make a living in Paris for the rest of my life. The only way I can speak to Willy is when he's in  a hospital bed. I can't walk around Paris with him either. I just came here and my next journey is a trip to the hospital for as long as Willy gets better.

     I headed the hotel that I had booked before my plane flight. I looked back in the hotel fridge hoping there would be something delightful and mouth-watering. I completely forgot I was in Paris. The food choices are clearly not the same back home.

I walked outside in the chilly winter air of Paris. I roamed the streets walking with my head down. The sun was about to set. I didn't bother to look around my surroundings while walking. I didn't even take my camera. My main focus was translating English into French on the google translate app.

  I googled the name of streets signs. Most of them lead me toward web links about their history. Sorry google I'm trying to find my way to a local diner. Not a war zone that happened since the 1600's of the King Louie the 16th days.

"Oh em gee! You're such a stalker." I turned around looking back at the girl I met on the plane yesterday. Her eyes widened and she grimaced. How could I be the stalker if she saw me first.

"Hey." I smiled at her. A little smile won't kill.

"Wow your out here?" She looked down at the ground then back at me.

"Yea well. ." I didn't know what to say. The voice from the doctor's throat still burned my ear drums every second I thought of Willy. He was the only thing running through my mind. I needed a distraction and somehow she came at the right time.

"It's nice to see you out here by the way."

"Yea, same to you. I'm just exploring you know. . ." I looked around awkwardly hoping our conversation would end quickly.

"Well you seem lost," She looked down at my shoes. " Well are you lost?"

"No!" I lied. "Sorta. Why?"

"I speak French and I lived here my whole life. I know everything there is too know about Paris. Is there somewhere you need to be right now?"

"Not really." She rubbed her freezing hands together to keep them warm.

"I know what will make you feel good." she smiled viciously. 

"What is it?"

"How about  some some warm delicious French tea?" she stepped much closer to me. All I could do was smell off her perfume. I suddenly became attracted to her aura.

She was silently begging me for my company. I didn't want to let her down so I agreed anyway. As we walked down the streets of Paris, her walk became faster when she walked next to me. I could tell from her facial expressions she was excited about this moment. The colors in her eyes changed.  As much as I didn't want company, I was starting to change my mind. She skipped in front of me when we reached a local diner and ordered two French tea's. I was surprised to see tables and chairs outside. Downtown, New York, when the winter came, there are no table's or chairs in front of restaurants. You'd probably find one but that's just luck. Only during the Fall, Summer, or Spring times.