12. What's Wrong With Me?

(ELLAH)

          I was alone in Deion's house all afternoon. He was outside shoveling snow away from his car. It was literally buried under heavy inches of snow. I heard his hungry moans lift up the heavy snow from all the way from inside. Why shovel snow late at night? Isn't he worried about some creeper walking up behind him hitting him with a shovel or a bat? At least I thought so.

         I turned up the radio which seemed to be playing a lot of reggae artists. A lot of these songs played at my latest competition. 

           I started stroking my hips and wined my waist very slowly. I ended up picking up the paste when I visualized myself back on the dance floor at WBDT with Darnell, Heavenly, and Emily. Gosh I miss them.

        I started adding moves from a familiar routine Darnell and I put together a while back when I met him senior year in High School. My body lost control. My body wanted to dance again. In my mind I wanted to grind up on something, somebody.

     Towards the end of the song I twirled to the floor like a drag queen and catch-ed my breath sweating hard. I felt my skin stick against the wooden floor. I laughed at myself realizing how much of a fool I made of myself.

"Having fun there I see." Deion pulled out his hands to pick me up. His hold made me feel wanted and loved. His eyes haunted me deeply, eating through my vicious soul.

  "Weren't you shoveling snow outside?" I said squinting my eyes.

"I was actually, but I came back in for a break but then I saw you and this happened," he looked at me up and down. "Did you cut up my shirt and turn it into a crop top?" I looked down at my chest feeling a roar of guilt alarm in my stomach. I didn't think he'd want it back so I picked up some scissors and cut along the sleeves.

"See what had happened was--" he cut me off taking a step back.

"It looks good," He smiled. "What's with the v-neck cut out?" A smirk smeared across his face.

"I sweat a lot." I fanned my cleavage with my hands.

  He backed up walking into the kitchen turning on the faucet. He later closed it. He wore his happiness like a mask. I know he must be a nice guy but its like he's holding back something he's dying to say. He took off his leather jacket and tossed it on the couch opening his arms wide and asked me something I thought he'd never say at this moment.

"Teach me?"

"Teach you what? How to make a v-neck cut out with scissors?" I giggled at the thought of what I just said knowing exactly what he meant.

"No," he stepped much closer to me. "How to dance. I wanna move like that."

"Its not easy my friend." I grabbed his hands as we walked in the center of the room."Let's start with the basics." I pulled him towards my chest making no space for gaps between us. He stumbled a bit but gained back his balance. I felt his muscular chest on mine as he tried to gain comfort holding me ballroom style. Looking at his masculine appearance, our heads directly in front of each other, his cold fingers tips pinched the surface of my skin as I tried not to shiver surrounded by heat floating in the air.

"One, two, three, four." He pushed one leg back and the other. He followed my lead afterwards. We started speeding up our paste when he began twirling me around in gyrations. My eyes couldn't keep up with my brain trying to makeup what was suddenly becoming blurry to me. Everything was turning into abstract colors and weird figures that you can't see in the dark.