3. Drew. . Is Literally Kissing My Ass

(ELLAH)

 I woke up the next morning, falling out of my bed clumsily. I didn't realize it was so early in the morning when I took off my sleep mask. My window was wide open. I blinked my eyes and saw Drew spraying them with Windex.

"What are you doing? Get the hell out!"

"I'm cleaning, obviously."

He looked at me, shrugging his shoulders. He continued on wiping the window. I was surprised to see almost everything organized again.

"Did you have fun last night?"

"Something like that," he said, winking at me.

"You can forget about being nice."

I got up from my bed, putting on my fuzzy slippers.

"Being nice about what?" he said, pretending he didn't understand what I meant.

"You know what I mean."

I stood with my hands on my hips. His brown eyes looked down on me. They came in contact with mine when I least expected it.

"You're on my heels, Drew," I said, pushing him off my favorite pairs of Chanel nude heels. "They're one of a freakin' kind. Get out!"

I was surprised that they didn't get stolen. I had so many designer shoes bottled up in my closet.

"So I guess you're cleaning, then?" he asked, offering me the Windex spritz bottle.

"Over my dead body. You made the mess; you clean it!" I said, rubbing my eyes and trying to look at him more clearly.

The phone in my room began ringing loudly. Drew tripped over my heels, which were all over my bedroom.

"Hello?" I said, answering the telephone and getting myself into a comfy sweater.

I turned to look at Drew and saw how pissed off he looked. I couldn't help but chortle while looking at him. He put up his middle finger. He was saying something, but not clearly enough for me to understand.

He said it over and over with confidence, smiling at me.

"What?" I said to him.

"Fuck you," he said, whispering again.

''Fuck you, too!" I responded.

"What?" another voice said on the line while I held the phone to my ears.

"Oh, gosh, no, that wasn't for you."

I scratched the back of my neck hoping I'd get away with it. I looked back at Drew, who was silently laughing while wiping the window.

"I'm sorry, who is this?"

"It's Angie, Ellah."

My lovely stepmother's voice went from delightful to a bit tense within seconds.

"Oh, hey!"