18. Alone You've Become

(DEION)

The cold weekend was going by fast. So fast that I couldn't believe Ellah and I almost hooked up at my place. I tried to resist her so much, so bad, so hard but she's just too freaking fine. Too gorgeous for me not to stay away from her. I don't know how the other guys do it when they see her. When I see her all I can see is the angels behind her carrying her but she's too clueless to even realize it. Fantasizing a little too much.

"Okay let me think," James was sitting across from me in a local bar in Manhattan. "Ooo how about we go fishing and after we go fishing we can go skiing it'll be great D." I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Fishing?"

"Heck yea." I laughed at him.

"I don't know what I'll do without you." I said patting his shoulders. An old pal of his showed up seconds after sitting next to James wondering who will speak first. James was to busy looking at the menu. I was was too busy staring at him with curiosity. His old pal seemed uncomfortable sitting there with his fingers interlocked together. His leather jacket was falling apart. As for his hair, It looked like he hasn't washed it in weeks. He didn't look like he cared about his hair in the first place. It was all over the place falling down his face muffled together.

"What you got there kid?" The man asked. I barely knew him. I've always seen him, but I never got the chance to know his name.

"Jack Daniels." I said beckoning at him.

"Good stuff there." He replies. James turned to him and looked at his pal for a moment. He looked confused hoping whatever he had to say came out right.

"How would you like to go fishing Dan?" Dan didn't say a thing. He looked confused himself "Or Skiing?"

I laughed inside. I knew Dan was feeling bothered.

"Jamesy boy I haven't been fishin' since my father sold his old lake house back in 1979," He pulled out a cigarette box out his jacket pocket. "See in this time of year, well for me, I don't normally do this" His southern accent came out much stronger in his voice " I remember those days too. I had a fine ginger head girlfriend of mine. She was mighty fine in those little outfits. Damn wish I could go back. . . the way that girl loved me, she couldn't stay away"James laughed at him.

"Darlene?"

"You remember her name?" I said.

"Of course! She was a family friend of mine. We went to the same high school. She used to date your father too back in high school."

"Was she pretty?"

"Darlene was everyone's crush." Dan took the salt bottle and tapped some salt into his hands "She was like the Halle Berry mixed with Jennifer Lopez back in our day" Dan laughed hungrily licking the salt off the his palm of his hand.

"She must have been the girl to date!"

"Yep! How long ago was that? I don't know like forty four years ago Dan?"

"Yea I think so too! Dang we are some old mother fuckers." I burst-ed out laughing interrupting everyone else's peaceful time at the bar.