19. Under The Bridge

(DREW)

      It was turning much darker outside after hours and hours roaming in the streets of Paris. I finally came to a conclusion. Maybe it's time for me to leave after all. I miss everything back home. The television shows, the food, my bed and most of all. . Ellah.

I mean I do miss her as a sister. I haven't been around her for a while so it feels weird being away from her for this long. Especially across the darn globe.

"What are you doing now?" asked Anastasia on the other line speaking to me.

"I'm out here. . walking. Something. I don't know." I laughed and stopped walking. I spoke to her nice and calmly on the phone while I watched everyone scurry. I didn't realize where I was until I saw a large crowd of people gyrating around me. I didn't bother to look around either. I was still speaking to Ana.

"I told my dad about you. He wants to meet you." I want to avoid seeing her father, but exactly what does he need to see me for? And what did she say about me?

"Why?"

"About the modeling thing I told you about!"

"Oh yea. Sorry I forgot," I thought I could get away from this topic. "I don't know Anne. Maybe modeling is not for me." I chortled a little creating a disturbing audio sound on the phone line.

"Please!" She sucked her teeth. She laughed a couple seconds later. I was beginning to get distracted by a group of people bumping into me. The sound effects in the background sounded much louder and the more cheers I heard I suddenly averted my eyes.

"Hey why does it sound like your at the same place as I am."

"Because I'm right behind you." She tapped my shoulder. I turned around and hung up the phone looking at her with a smile on my face. She looked so good. Really good. I didn't know whether to grab her and kiss her or shake. . .hands.

"Well!" She looked at me with sorrow in her eyes. She seemed helpless and looked behind her constantly trying to avoid being pushed. " I don't mean to be a creep. I was just walking by like you and I saw your lips from far." How can she see them from far? She was being a creep. Its okay Ana.

Mmm...you like em'?

"My lips?" I smiled looking at her bewildered.

"You have the nicest lips I've ever seen and as I was just passing by. . I noticed them so I called you!" She poked me on my chest with her index finger. I felt her nail rub against my jacket.

She didn't look the same like before though. Her hair color is different. The length seems much longer and her appearance looks more attractive than before too!.

"New look?"

"Ooo you noticed. Good eye." She brushed her fingers through her hair and shied away from me.

"It's pretty." She smiled back moving much closer to me. I could feel the warmth underneath her jacket swim through the closer she stepped towards me. It was like they were calling me to join her, to hug her and make her feel protected.

"Thank you." She bit her lip, parting them afterwords.

"Back to my lips." I said wanting to hear more about what she likes about them so desperately as she laughed much louder making other heads behind her ogle their eyes at us.

I stared back at a man, standing behind Ana turning around slowly. I stared at him in the eyes for a long time until he looked away. Everything else was a blur in front of me. I was still looking at the man's hairless head daydreaming.

"You know they are really nice looking. Really nice."

"They feel  incredibly nice too." I said. A smirk appeared on the side of her mouth. She laughed again turning away from me looking at the crowd behind her.

We were taking a slow walk near the house of Haussmann, decorated with illuminated lights and seasonal wonderfils lifting up your soul. I couldn't believe I was here. Literally, in Paris.

Believe it now Drew.

As we were walking, our hands interlocked and she swung them side by side as if we were a couple.

"Paris is so beautiful. Are you sure your just traveling on your own?" She asked me like I had something else to say off the top of my head. I looked down at her, rubbing the sides of my chin.

"Well. . " She pushed her falling hair behind her ears and listened to what I had to say.

" I, uh, am!"

"You're going to stand there and lie to me." She smiled while saying to make the situation seem less awkward.

"Why is it your business?"

"Normally, travelers bring cameras and so on. I know a traveler when I see one."

"So I like using my memory as a camera."

"Okay so you're going to lie to me again but it's all right. I understand that there are certain things you can't tell me. I respect that," She backed away playfully from me and looked at me up and down."Unless your a criminal and you're on the run." I laughed too loudly.

"No! I promise I'm not dangerous." I grabbed her back softly pulling her towards my sides again. "Well you haven't met my dangerous side yet," She pushed me off laughing along with me."Anna Banana."

"Aha what? No one calls me Anna Banana!" She hugged me until she laid her head down on my chest.

"I do now and it's your new nickname!" I brushed my bare hands down her head.

"Okay Drewy Pie!"

"Ew Drewy Pie!" The thing is that the main  person who used to call me that still makes me catch flutters in my stomach. What a coincidence.

"I know a place you'll never regret seeing ever!" She grabbed my hands as we ran and stopped at Concorde and took a stroll up Champs-Elysées. It looked like Grand Army Plaza in New York City. The statue's looked the same in the middle of the streets. Cars drive by faster than air. Lights sparkled where ever your turned. I believe I'm still in New York surrounded by Parisians. Paris is the French New York City and New York City is the American Paris.

I wanted to stop at almost every store and taste all these French goods. I wanted them so bad that I didn't mind drinking my sorrows away and wake up brain dead. Plenty of alcohol would do me a big favor right now. I'm going to make Anastasia lead me to it as soon as possible.