9. The Wedding Video

(ELLAH)

"Aha whose that girl with the uni-brow over there?" Emily pointed her index toward the telescreen and back at me. We're watching an old video of Lonnie and Angie's wedding that took place in two- thousand -three. She laughed harder and harder.

" C'mon I did them just for the wedding. Obviously we didn't even get to the part when Angie does them for me. Keep on laughing and we'll cut it off." She fixed up her face and looked serious as ever.

"Oh come on you're so cute!" She couldn't hold in her laugh. I rolled my eyes at her and ran towards the television. I was about to press the stop button until she got up from behind me and wrapped her arms around me aggressively.

"Ok, I'm sorry just sit and watch the video with me! I promise I won't laugh at you again." She tried her hardest not to laugh again. I couldn't help but notice how hard she was trying to pull herself together.

          The video later transitioned to Angie putting on her wedding dress. She was struggling and panicking thinking the dress wouldn't fit as she zipped up the zipper. Luckily, her sister, Yelena, came to help her zip her dress up. I remember holding the camera this time when the video fast forward a couple shoots. My father was sitting in the living room holding the ring in his finger. He played with it. Every inch he touched. It was  as if he couldn't decide love for all and eternity with Angie or just go back to when it was just me and him. I stood behind him filming him but he didn't know I was there. I just filmed him randomly while everyone was going chaotic in the background losing their minds. It was almost three hours before the wedding and Angie was still getting upset about her dress.

           I sneaked into random rooms capturing every moment frame after frame. We were all getting dressed in Angie's house at the time of the wedding. The house was a modern nineteen-sixties Russian built condo. It belonged to Russian owners before Angie bought it. Angie, at the time when she was pregnant with Drew, needed a home to settle in. I didn't know everybody's room quite well but I was kind of familiar with Drew's and Angie's.

I opened door after door and captured every last minute of filming I had. I walked into Angie's room and her dresser spilled everything about her past. I captured one of her childhood photos on camera and began explaining it in detail.

I flipped the camera towards my face and spoke to it.

"Okay see those pictures behind me," I smiled at the camera. "That's Angie!" I softly rolled my eyes "She's marrying my dad today. This room screams everything about the 50's and 60's. She has so much Elvis posters and Marilyn Monroe pictures on every freaking wall." I turned the camera towards the walls and filmed every poster of Elvis and Marilyn Monroe. Angie had a hard crush on Elvis growing up. She said after World War 2, the world shifted into this magical paradise where peace existed again and American lifestyle was the new trend. Elvis was the peace and Marilyn was the new Americana. 

"God she's an obsessed fan." I laughed at the camera going into her closet  filming her clothes that hanged next to each other. I filmed her bathroom and stared in the  mirror with the camera sitting on my shoulder as I tried to capture my gorgeous outfit.

"And this is my dress. Yay me!" I said fake cheering at the camera. I started doing awkward poses and blow fish faces furrowing my brows.