10. My Car Breaks Down

(ELLAH)

I was sitting in the living room watching cartoons hoping who ever would call me on the phone would ask how I'm doing by now. Nope not a single call.

"You and I must do something tonight." Emily sat on my lap begging for my attention.

"Ehh not today!" I tried pushing her off of me. A never ending touch of happiness coming from Emily's soft hugs and kisses when she kissed my cheeks and held me like a baby in her delightful arms. I was slowly falling asleep in them but then she shook me out of it.

"Tonight won't kill birdy," she tapped my nose and made baby noises trying to sound cute. "My precious little baby Ellah." She said in a British accent putting on the cutest face.

"No!" I whined back like a baby!

"Okay if not tonight then tomorrow darling." she continued again in her weird British accent. Apparently she sounds like she lived in the United Kingdom her whole life.

"Ahh!" I screamed.

"Promise me little baby." I nodded my head at her to avoid hearing her annoying British mocking. She skipped away into the kitchen to make something to eat. Minutes after, she picked up the house phone and spoke on it. Her voice started sound low and a bit sad although you heard some sorrows in it too.

"I didn't know we had plans tonight dad." She said speaking on the phone. I almost wanted to ask her what's happening but eventually she'll tell me later in the night. I wonder what else he could've said to her that mad her voice sound troubled and lost. Emily's father is the kind of father who has too many things going on. They love each other but Emily always distanced herself from him because he used to push her away so much that when Emily wanted to to something with him like father and daughter he'd end up saying yes, but then he'd say no and she would crawl into a ball and cry.

"Yea well I'm at Ellah's house right now so traffic is going to be one hell of a pain in the boodaay," She said laughing. I can almost hear the joy uplifting her spirit. I can visualize the smile hiding behind her lips. "Yea okay I'll be on my way! I'll call you back to let you know when I'm ready pops." She hung up the phone running back into the living room jumping in front of my face. She blocked me from watching the last five minutes of Naruto.

"Look Ells I have to go out with my fam tonight unexpectedly," She rolled her eyes. "As much as I'd love to stay and bother my best friend, I must go." She fake cried. I had to get up and hug her.

As I rubbed her back she held on to me much tighter.

"Why couldn't I be you?" she looked at me in the eyes.

"Be me for a day you wouldn't last an hour." I said getting off of her. She went upstairs to dress up and changed into something professional.

After Emily left the house, I was left alone with the silence that disturbed me in my own home. I couldn't feel a thing, sitting immovable on the couch brainwashed by my television. Naruto was throwing attack modes at his targets creating multiple clones of himself.

"Fuck, this is the best episode!" I said twirling my finger in the air. I stopped watching the television and decided to head out and take a night drive.