25. Caught In This Pool

(I'M NARRATING)

Simon Van Meerveene as Kian Kristian Cartier

   Z a r i a led the way to the house. It seemed new. It didn't look the way Anastasia's looked. It looked like a modern era of the sixties kind of house. She opened the door nervously shaking her hands while Drew stood behind her looking around his surroundings feeling like he was being followed. The awkward tension between them didn't leave neither of them. Zaria was still thinking about him the first time she saw his pictures but Drew was feeling lightly angry about everything.

 Playing with her coiled key chain after opening the door, she tossed them on the counter by the door and looked back at Drew.

"Please make yourself comfortable. Tea or?" She asked him offering anything to occupy himself.

"Why do you trust me?" Drew asked tiredly. She squirmed and pulled down her zipper. She quietly did so to hear any outside voices.

  "Because you're my brother duh?"

"'How are you so sure?"

    "I'm sure because I've studied you." Her French accent began fading a little bit the more clearer she sounded.

"How much and how long?"

"Like three years ago I think. I remember it was a long time ago when Willy and my mom were together. You see, I just randomly started going through his stuff and saw your things with his stuff so I wondered why is this here," she took a deep pause before she can catch her breath from speaking too fast. " he was always sneaky anyways so what the heck, why not. I mean, he did leave it out visible enough for me to see so I dug and dug," she walked around with her hands on her hips hoping Drew wouldn't make her repeat herself again. " I'm really getting annoyed now."

   "So Willy and your mom are divorced?"

"Yea they separated about four months ago I think. I honestly don't care." Drew looked down at the off white carpet underneath his shoes and softly sucked his teeth. Her eyes narrowed down to Drew's face. Her eyes were scruting every angle of him.

 "Besides I'm not the only sibling you have kid." Drew looked up automatically biting the side of his lower lip. He quickly tilted his head to the side but no words came out his utter mouth. " I trust you because the way you overreacted at the hospital the other day and the way Willy looked at you...I felt a sharp sting in my stomach," Drew couldn't respond to her. He was thinking about the other sibling he has but didn't want to sound desperate at all. He wanted Zaria to go on about any hidden family secrets he deserves to know."I truly understand why you're mad. I would be mad too, but at the time when my mother was pregnant with me she had nothing, no one. In fact it was so bad that Willy just had to stay and take care of me and her. Her family didn't support the both of us and Willy was our only help so he stayed with us and left you."

  Drew couldn't look into her eyes anymore every word that came out her mouth broke him part a lot more. It killed him verbally.

  "Look uh Zar --- " Zaria cut him off as she trembled down to her knees and begged with her two palms together. She got down on both knees looking like a woman crying out for God to forgive her and the terrible sins she's committed.

 "I'm sorry Drew. I'm sorry about everything. Please don't hate me," She said holding on to his hands asking for forgiveness. "I know how much you hate me right now but I swear I'll be the best sister you've ever had. I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?" she held his hands tightly and Drew couldn't hold back another word. He was surprised at the way she fell down to her knees and accept her into his life. "Please forgive me!" she said once again. Drew removed his hands from hers and slouched on the sofa. He was starting to see himself in her greenish-blue-ish eyes.