21. Under The Bridge: Three

(DREW)

I woke up the next morning in a pile of muffled sheets covered beneath my skin. I accidentally slapped myself as I was trying to found out where I am.

Oh yea, Anastasia's place.

I rubbed my hands on the other side of the bed where Ana was laying last night. I grabbed the sheets hoping to touch her luscious body. . .but no. I blinked over and over again looking around the mirrored bedroom thoughtless. I sat up on the bed rubbing my hair tirelessly looking for a good reason to wake up and think about Willy this morning.

Is he ok? Is his condition getting worse?

I grabbed my cellphone in my denim jeans on the floor. I scrolled through my messages hoping I'd get an update from Willy's doctor at the Hospital. Suddenly, his message appeared on my screen and I'm eager to find out exactly what it is but then I'm terrified of the result that I'll receive from his message.

Hello Drew, It's Dr.Bertrand.It's about your father and it's best if we talk out it in person.

Intrigued in what he could have possibly want to speak about, I jumped out of bed rushing into a bathroom and cleaning myself up. I slid back on my clothes from the night before and rubbed water in my curly waves into the hair style it was in last night.

I completely forgot about Anastasia. I grabbed my jacket hanging off the side of the couch. Putting on my jacket I didn't see the person standing in front of me. Sure, I can see their shadow but I thought it was mine for a second.

"You're leaving already? Don't leave yet I didn't make toast yet." Anastasia said standing in nothing but an over sized t-shirt. Her hair is loosely tied up. Her red wine colored frame Ray-Ban glasses hanged low on the bridge of her nose. She held a skillet in her hand and a fork in the other.

"Um I-" She stopped me from talking. Instead, she walked back into the kitchen and put down her cooking appliances. She comes back out rubbing her greasy hands down her shirt walking towards me.

"Please I know what you're going to say. I know last night was a little too fast for the both of us. This is not me at all and I understand how you feel but I'm really into you and I couldn't wait any longer," I'm utterless. I didn't know what to say to her. Her left over scent of perfume traveled under my nose and visions of last night scampered through my perverted brain like marathon. "I'm scaring you aren't I?" she asked putting her hands down her sides. She stepped away from me, a couple inches apart.

"No it's alright. You're an amazing girl but I-"

"I'm scaring you away!" I couldn't help but laugh. She looked so cute standing there panicking for a moment.

"No Ana Bananas! Seriously, I like you as much as you like me" I placed my hand on my chest.

"Okay, okay but please don't go yet. Let's settle your brain with some delicious French Toast."

"I can't."

"Why?" She walked back into the kitchen. I can hear the faucet running and the pots and pans rubbing together in the sink.

"Just not right now!" I followed her into the kitchen. She was bending over grabbing cooking spray from the cabinet.

"Why do you keep running away from me?" She stood up straight leaning on the counter. Her ass squeezed on the counter giving it an awkward shape but they looked mesmerizing at the same time.