It's Cold in There

"Guys she's unmelted! I can see the heat radiating off her now."

I opened my eyes, and my lungs gasped for air. I had a shaky breathing pattern for a few seconds but I soon calmed down. I looked ahead and there were a bunch of people wearing suits, and a metal machinery looking thing that was talking.

The metal machine's head opened to reveal a man's face. "Hey, I'm Tony, we're here to help you okay? I need to run a check up on you, but first, do you know how old you are?" I felt too tired to speak so I lifted up 11 on my fingers(1 on each hand). The Tony person looked at me funny. "Are you sure? You look 15, and you look like you've been here a long time." I nodded, surprised that I looked older than my age. Maybe the freezing does that?

Another man came up to me, he had glasses and brown hair. He asked Tony if he could help and Tony said yes. While they were putting together a machine, I looked at the other people who were facing me but talking to each other. There was a red-headed woman, and blonde-brown haired man, a short brown haired man, and a short brownish blondish haired man, and long reddish brownish haired woman, and a red man with metal all over him.

The men in front of me asked me to speak, and I shook my head no. They looked at each other, and Tony said, "That's alright, kid. But I need you to cooperate with this test. Ok?" I nodded. "Okay, this machine is going to check your heart beat, and your breathing, and your blood pressure, so just stand still and let it scan you. Bruce, can you get the plug from Natasha?" Bruce nodded and came back with the plug. "Where do you want me to put it?" Tony replied, "On the bottom of the panel, there should be a place to plug it in."

After setting up the machine, Bruce placed the end parts of the plug on my left temple and right temple. I felt a shock go through me, and then I felt relaxed. After a few minutes, Tony reached up and removed the plug things from my temples. He looked at the machine's screen then back at me. "Alright, uhh, can you stand up straight and breathe as normal as you can please? This things going to scan you now." I did as he asked and Tony went over to the other people. Bruce walked over and pressed a button on the machine, and a purple light came from the machine and lit up my chest. After a few minutes, Tony walked back over and turned it off. He read the screen and compared it with something he had on his metal machine suit arm. He sighed and asked Bruce to follow him. He did so, and everyone was talking.

Tony came over and asked if I wanted to hear the news first or meet everyone first. I chose to meet everyone.

The short red-head was Natasha and she was so friendly,I knew I would like her, and the long brownish-redish woman was Wanda, and like Natasha, she was super friendly. The red man with metal was Vision, and he seemed very smart, and the short brown-haired man was Clint, he was super nice and funny. The long blonde-brown haired man was Thor, and he was the God of Thunder, and the short brown-blonde haired man was Steve, and he seemed very friendly as well. I had already met Tony, and Bruce formally introduced himself.

Tony leaned against a nearby cubicle and said, "Well, time for the news, kiddo. You are mentally and physically 13 years old, which is a big difference than 11. Your heart rate and everything else seems fine, but you should get some sleep. Like real sleep, not frozen solid sleep." He looked around, no one thought it was funny. "Sorry, tough crowd. Yeah, umm. Sleep. We want you to come home with us and live there until we find out some more stuff about you. So, let's go."

I followed everyone out, Tony leading everyone and Wanda and Natasha behind me, and before heading out a busted down door, Tony stopped and turned around. He looked at me and asked, "Do you think you can talk?" I think I have enough energy for a few words, so I nodded yes. "What was it like?" He asked. I responded, "It's cold in there."

a/n

Thanks so much for reading! feel free to vote, follow me, and this to your library! I hope you have a great day!!!

~Brie

:) <3