Let's Not Think About That

I took a shaky, deep breath in. I opened my eyes and my eyelashes brushed against something. I looked down and saw that I had a breathing mask on.

Now that I noticed I had a breathing mask on, I could tell the air I was breathing was... Different.

It smelled weird.

Jesus, this must be the third time I've been in this room within 24 hours. Why am I in here again?

I don't even know. I just remember falling forward, after losing all my senses. Did Bucky or Sam catch me? Probably.

Where is everyone anyways?

I looked around the room again, and clarified that no one was there. I heard scuffling from down the hallway, and counted the steps from how far the noise was.

The person should be here in at least 30 seconds...

I waited 45 seconds and the person wasn't here yet, but the noise of footsteps was getting louder.

The door finally opened to reveal Dr. Cho, Bucky, Sam, Steve, and Natasha. Everyone except for Dr. Cho flew to my side, and that's when I realized I wasn't under the covers or anything.

I was still in my clothes from before I fainted. I don't know, it felt like I was different somehow, and it obviously wasn't physical, now that I checked.

I was bombarded with questions, and the only one I listened to was Dad asking if I wanted to get into bed.

I nodded, and he smiled then walked to Dr. Cho to ask if it was okay for me to leave. She nodded and walked over to me.

Everyone else stopped asking me questions, and they all stepped away. Dr. Cho removed my breathing mask, and quietly said "You don't need this anymore, it was just in case you stopped breathing on your own, you were breathing slowly, so we just wanted to be sure."

She smiled at me while she disconnected the mask and rolled up the cord. Dad grabbed my hand and we walked out, Bucky trailing behind.

I don't know what everyone else was doing, but they weren't following. Dad sped up ahead to get the elevator button pressed.

Bucky and I walked up to the elevator and I almost tripped, but he caught me. He lightly chuckled. "It seems that I am always catching you." I laughed. "You're right. Although maybe it's not such a good thing that ya know, that I need to be caught."

We made it to the elevator and Dad stepped in after the two of us entered. "And hopefully you don't need to be caught anymore. I don't need you to have a reason to be falling. But which floor is yours again?" I pressed the button since Dad couldn't figure it out.

"Glad to know you have a good memory." Dad chuckled.

Yeah, memory. Let's not think about that.

a/n

thank you so much for reading! also, thank you for over 2,000 views!

Have a great day or night!

Feel free to vote, follow me, and add this book to your library!