Hopefully I Don't F*%k That Up Too

We finally arrived at the school and Happy unlocked the doors. I walked out after giving him a "thanks and bye!", and checked my watch, proving that I was 10 minutes early, just like he said. Happy may not be a professional driver, but he does do it well.

I walked on campus and went to my locker, which was conveniently located next to Peter's locker.

At least I wouldn't be getting lost at all today. Although it was a little odd, it was like my schedule was rigged so I would be near Peter the entire day. Huh. I think I'll have to look into that later. If I'm not in trouble that is.

I began putting all my books into the locker. I left my biology book in my bag because it was the class farthest from the locker so I wanted to make sure I didn't not have it for class. I heard some talking next to me as I finished putting everything away.

It sounded like Peter, and maybe one of his friends? What was his name- Ned. I listened to their conversation. Ned said "So who is that girl?" Peter shushed him. "That's Serivia." Ned gasped. "Is she the one with the cool hologram watch?" My eyes opened and I glanced down at my Trace. Shit shit shit.

I raised my hand so it was in front of me and behind my open locker door. Blocked from the view of Peter and Ned.

I tapped it in a sequence and the color of the Trace changed from it's black, and red and gold pattern into the other colors I had preset into the Trace the other day. Or rather this morning.

The colors were silver, red, white, and blue. Yes. I took inspiration from my dad's Avenger outfit which had taken inspiration from the American flag. I breathed a sigh of stress/relief.

And then realized I should also switch the Trace from my right wrist to my left. I was wearing it on my left that day, so if I switched wrists maybe that would also keep Peter off my case.

As I did so, I listened to Peter and Ned's conversation. Peter was saying something about needing to make more web fluid and if Ned could stand guard after school. I raised my eyebrows and then shrugged my shoulders.

It must be something important because it doesn't sound like a simple project would need a guard. I tapped my Trace and then quickly typed into my Notes app, 'Web fluid, Ned guarding after school, possibly unnatural things.'

I quickly closed my hologram and then my locker door. Peter and Ned were putting things in their lockers and Peter turned around and acted as though he didn't know I was there.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, Hi Serivia. Umm, this is Ned." He gestured behind him to Ned, who looked up, smiled, and waved.

I smiled back. "Um, so do you want to come to the cafeteria now? MJ might be in there." Peter asked, stepping further into the hallway. I shrugged, "Sure." and then Ned and I followed Peter. I took a few extra steps so I was basically next to Peter and Ned was on his other side.

As we walked down the hallway, my brain came up with the possibilities of everything that could go wrong. The main one was if my dad would dare to pick me up, and what my last name is. It obviously wouldn't be Rogers, so it might be Reese, since it's my middle name, or maybe even Carter, since it was my mom's last name.

Well, I suppose I'll know when my attendance is called. Hopefully I don't fuck that up too.

a/n

Hiiiii! I haven't updated in forever, and I'm sorry about that. I've been at camp for the past month, so yeah.

If you enjoyed reading: please feel free to vote on the chapter, follow me, and if you haven't, add this book to your library!