-sciousness

This is probably what Sam and Rhodes were talking about earlier.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want anything to happen to you! I love you too much for you to get hurt. For anything to happen to you."

Dad walked forward and hugged me. "It's not going to hurt, it's a tiny little thing, and it's the one you made a few weeks ago. Okay? I trust you enough that you made a perfectly working tracking device."

I slipped out of his arms and got up from my chair. I put the clipboard on a nearby desk, then I crossed my arms and looked at Dad.

"But you don't trust me enough to look after myself? And wait, what do you mean, tracking device I made a few weeks ago?"

Dad looked down at the floor, and then back at me. "The one that I told you was for an assassin, from that mission a few weeks back. It wasn't really. I wanted you to make it for yourself. I have it- actually- Tony has it, he's just doing a check on it, making sure it won't mess with anything. But... You are going to have to do this."

I frowned and tried to make my way to the door. But Dad just stood in front of me, to block my path, and he held out my arms.

I looked around him, and decided I wasn't getting out of this.

I tapped my Trace and saw it was getting close to 9:30.

"So can we do this peacefully? It's just for your safety. And I love you, you know that. So please, can you cooperate? I love your stubbornness but right now, you need to put it aside. Okay?"

I nodded and dad hugged me again.

I don't really want to do this, but...

I want to go to school.

So I guess I'm turning into a robot.

Starting with this microchip tracker.

Tony walked in from "The Famed Back Room".

"Alrighty, let's get this show on the road."

He gave me the chip, which was in a little glass box, and told me Dr. Cho would be here to put it in my arm or leg. And in his words, "Whatever part of you that wants to have a tracking device in it, can have it, but the debate is only between your arm and leg."

That made me smile, but it faltered after Dr. Cho came in and Wanda and Nat followed.

Before beginning anything, Dr. Cho gave me a medicine that would numb my limbs, and it tasted pretty nice, for medicine, but it kind of burned my throat, but that sensation went away after a few minutes.

Nat sat on my left and Wanda on my right. Dad was across the room in front of me, still looking ashamed of himself, but glad that this was happening.

This is crap. I would soooo take a lecture instead of this. And now I have to find a way to reprogram it, because I made it to not let the wearer of the device leave more than 20 feet of my dad. And I have to do that before this thing has been implanted in my freaking body!

And he probably doesn't even know that, but I have to tell him or fix it myself before the damn thing electrically shocks me when I go to school, or even, walk to the kitchen!

"Pondering life questions there, Seven?"

I shook my head. "Nah, just figuring out how to escape and go to bed."

Wanda laughed at my answer. "I think what Natasha's real question is, are you okay? You look pale."

I shrugged, "I think so. Just... I don't know. I think I'm overreacting, to my dad's overreacting. I just think the part that he doesn't trust me enough to take care of myself- Oh, I think I'll do it on my left leg, thank you."

I turned a bit so Dr. Cho would be able to have better access to my leg. But in the act of doing this, I now had a full view of my dad, he was watching from outside the glass wall, luckily these walls are thick, so he can't hear me.

I don't know what to think about this. This-whole thing. Ughh...

"As I was saying, I just don't like the fact that he doesn't trust me enough to take care of myself, so he feels the need to f-um-fricking microchip me."

Why am I talking weirder than I normally do? I never use language like that! I don't even call people idiots, well some people I call them, but I call the Dodo birds! What is happening, jeez.

Natasha nodded. "It's okay, CC, this will all be over and done within a minute. Then you can go to bed dreaming about being a public school student."

That made me smile a bit.

I looked outside the glass wall, and noticed that Dad was now accompanied by Tony, Bruce, Pepper, Sam, and Bucky. Oh, and Rhodes too.

Dr. Cho continued setting up something as Dad walked inside, and I don't know what came over me, but I yelled at him.

"Damn! Get the frickin' hell out, you Dodo bird!"

And now I lost con-

a/n

Thank you guys soo much for over 700 views!!!

I hope you enjoyed reading, and I hope you have a great day!

Feel free to vote, follow me, and add this book to your library!

~Briellee

<3