No Getting Killed Today, Please.

I think the only problem I had was that I needed to look normal because no one except for the Avengers knew that I was the daughter of the Captain America.

From here I would be able to get out the main front entrance. I just needed to make it through this floor and down the elevator one more time, before rushing out of the doors and going 5 minutes down the block to where the Midtown school bus would be picking kids up.

I was kind of hoping that Peter would be on the bus because I needed a witness in case my dad caught me and murdered me.

Also, mind you, I'm creating all these plans with the overwhelming knowledge that I used to be a Hydra soldier, 3 hours of sleep, partial anxiety of technically my first day at school and full anxiety of being hunted down by my protective father and his superhero friends.

I looked down, and I was relatively tall, so I didn't look too out of place. But I just needed a blazer or some sort of professional looking jacket in order to look more in place.

I looked around and then decided, frick it, I'm just gonna walk really fast.

And I did so. I made it halfway through the floor, of course earning a few confused stares, but I betcha that if they knew if I was friends with Tony Stark, or even the daughter of Captain America, they wouldn't have looked at me like that. Then someone walked up to me, and basically cornered me.

It was a woman, and her name tag said Melissa. She glared at me, "What do you think you're doing here? If you even work here, which I doubt, this is not that attire you should be wearing! What would you do, no- what would I have to do if he came downstairs?! You might get me fired! No- you would get me fired! Any time today Mr. Stark could come to this floor, what do you think he would do if he saw you like this?" Then her face went white, and I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder.

"I would congratulate her on winning a game we were playing. And yes, I would fire you. I have gotten too many complaints from this department, Ms. Haroway. So, you have been released, go get your things, my assistant will meet you in your office."

She whimpered quietly, and then stormed off. I wish I could have stormed off like her, because Tony was right there, and I feared that I was going to get in an enormous amount of trouble when he took me back to Dad.

He looked around and then pushed me forward a little bit. "Kid, we need to keep moving, your dad expects me to come down with you right about now. Here is some stuff, switch your backpacks."

I looked at him, and he was staring straight ahead, looking very business like, and then he was also slightly smiling. He was holding a black backpack, and I handed him mine, and he gave me the one he was holding.

I frowned as I put the black bag on, "But I have my own backpack, with all my stuff." Tony chuckled. "Those few minutes where you had left your bag unattended, your dad took everything out and then put in a journal that said to come back home inside the bag. He's pretty sneaky, gotta give it to him. In this bag I just gave you, you have everything, a few gadgets, and a Taser because if you snuck out to school and had no form of protection, your dad would kill me, a few other gadgets capable of being weapons, and your lunch textbooks, and school materials. Am I missing anything?"

I shook my head no just as we reached the end of the floor, and turned into an elevator. Tony pressed a button for me, and gave me a big hug. I hugged him back, and then the elevator dinged, notifying that we reached our destination.

I was about to walk out of the elevator, but Tony stopped me, and held the 'open door' button down.

"I gotta give you the ground rules first. No getting killed today, please."

a/n

Thank you so much for reading, and for over 2.5k!!! I love you guys so much! I hope you have a great day, wherever and whoever you are!

Feel free to vote on this chapter, follow me, and if you already haven't, add this  book to your library!

~Brielle