chapter 2 ~ fucking jackson

I threw on my shoes, making my way downstairs to find Steve sitting at our kitchen table.

"Cassie right? You don't have school today?" He asked as I watched him drink coffee out of my mug

"Cassie right? You don't have school today?" He asked as I watched him drink coffee out of my mug. If there was one thing everyone in this house knew, it was don't use my coffee cup.

"Exams" I muttered "Our class has off" I grabbed myself a cold pancake from the table, giving Fiona a hug before heading out the door.

I wasn't supposed to work today, but my dumb twin brother called out last minute, which meant my day was stuck at Kash and Grab. I hated the job too, but at least I made an attempt to earn our family some money.

"Ian called out again?" Kash asked as I entered the store. I rolled my eyes knowing he probably didn't care, he just missed his fuck buddy.

"Maybe he got tired of being taken advantage of" I snapped, looking over at the rows of boxes lining the back shelf. Just my luck, the one day I cover Ian's shift it's inventory.

I heard Kash mutter something under his breath as I pulled the ladder across the store. I cringed at the sound of the metal scraping but it wasn't like anyone was going to help. I flipped him off behind my back as I began stocking the shelves with the product.

If I was lucky today would be a slow day and Kash would go home early. He wasn't necessarily a bad guy, but I hated looking at him knowing he was shagging my brother.

"You're such a big help" He muttered sarcastically, as the sound of the bell rang. I turned around to find Lip and Ian running into the store, all beaten and bloody.

"Oh my god, what the fuck happened!"  I asked, pulling the two of them into the back room. I handed my twin an ice pack as I looked over at a limping Lip. I forced him onto one of the bins, as I looked down at this swollen ankle. "One of you better speak" I snapped, grabbing the first aid kit.

This wasn't the first time they'd come to the store looking like they'd survived a tornado, and it definitely wasn't going to be the last.

"An old lady on the train" Lip shrugged as I sent him a stank eye. I damn well knew that wasn't what actually happened. A ratte to the back door snapped me out of my anger, as I opened it to reveal Veronica.

She likes to think she used to be a nurse when in reality she works at an old folks home. I assumed one of my brothers called her as I helped take in her box of stuff. Her sneaking into the back of the store to help my brothers was becoming a common thing, but it was the only way to keep it a secret from Fiona. Who would go ballistic if I might add.