Chapter-40

Yo! How is everyone? All good?

Anyway, sorry for the delay and just a heads up, the chapter is completely unedited but I got to hurry off to somewhere so I'll do the correction after I am back. I might even change a few parts that I don't think turned out any good, but it won't change anything for the few chapters so nothing to worry. Feel free to point out the mistakes. =D

Enjoy ♥

--------------------------------------------------------------

"We can always lock you two together in a room or something," Liam suggested. "That will definitely work."

Holding the phone in my hand, I shook my head. "Really?"

"Okay, maybe not." He sighed. "But then what do we do?"

The day after Daniel's dad came over, I had decided to take Liam's help in figuring something out about Daniel. But even with the two of us putting our brains to work together, we were still far away from coming up with a suitable tactics.

"Okay, doing this over the phone is hard," Liam spoke. "Can you come over right now? Shay's here too. She can help us out."

"Um, just a slight issue," I objected. "Wouldn't Daniel be there?"

"Nah, he's not home. He barely ever is."

"Okay, I'll on my way then." I got off the bed.

"Okay."

Stuffing the phone in my back pocket, I slipped on the first pair of shoes that I could spot and ran down the stairs.

"What's the hurry?" I heard my dad say from the kitchen as I dashed towards the main door.

"Going over at Liam's," I answered, yanking the door open. "I'll be back by-" I stopped when I noticed the person standing on the other side of the door, her hand poised over the door bell and a look of surprise in her eyes at the door suddenly being opened. 

"Hey," I simply said.

With just as much awkwardness, she replied, "Hi."

"Oh, hello, Anya." I turned around to my dad who was coming out of the kitchen, a wash cloth in his hands. "It's really nice to see you. Been so long."

"Hi, Mr. Bishop, great to see you too," she said politely, the awkwardness from her voice not budging. She turned to me, while I still stared at her wide-eyed. "Do you have a little time?"

"Me?" I asked, not really believing that she was talking to me without sounding like she wanted to see me dead.

She nodded slightly.

"Yeah, well, I do, I mean I can, you know. I think I-" I took a moment to control my blabbering, not wanting to sound like a fool more than I already was. "Yeah, I do."

With a small smile, she stepped back on the porch and I silently followed. 

"So, what's up?"

Why did I say that? It sounded so stupid. You don't just humiliate someone in tenth grade, then develop almost an enemy like relationship with them and ask them what's up!

I could be such a noob at times.

"I came by to say a few things," she started, looking like she was having difficulty breathing, her face contorted in frown lines, but I recognized that face. It was the 'I am having troublings in saying some thing'. "First, thank you for making sure that I got home from the party that night."