Chapter-15

I'm sorry it has been so long that I posted the last time because I had my finals but now they're over so I'll have lots of time to write =)

So here's the 15th installation. To be very honest, I don't think it's my best work but I still hope you like it.

---------------------------------------

The world is an easy to convince place. As long as you put up a happy face no one cares enough to get to know what lies under the cloak of normality.

Something that my twin sister always told me was to never let your problems known to everybody. Most of them don't care about it. So instead it's better to put up a brave exterior while trying to convince yourself that everything was alright because crying about things never helps the situation anyway. I don't know if the advice was any good but I still followed it nonetheless.

Another tip from her manual 'Life for dummies' was that the first step to make you feel great was to look great. Again I don't have any idea how much truth it held for everyone else but it seemed to work for me.

So the next morning after spending my night on a couch dreaming of all the bad things in my life, I decided to put some extra effort in dressing while trying to lip-sync Iggy Azalea song.

"I'm so fancy

You already know

I'm in the fast lane

From L.A. to Tokyo"

I wasn't really a fan of such hip-hop genre but today if I didn't want to look like the moping queen then I needed to borrow some attitude.

After spending almost an hour of playing dress up with myself I was finally satisfied with the end result. Coming out of my room I shouted to dad that I was leaving for school. When I didn't get any reply I decided to knock on the door knowing that he wasn't asleep 'cause all night I had heard his footsteps pacing around in the room.

"Dad! You awake? I said I'm leaving, 'kay?" I informed him once again through the wood of the door. This time I did get a reply but it was just a weak 'alright'.

"Okay. Bye, dad. Take care," I said turning around and going down the stairs.

The sky outside was plain, you know like one of those days when it looks like someone forgot to upload the weather. Yeah, today was one of such day. Sebastian wasn't going to school today so I had to drive myself.

The classes from the first part of my schedule went by like they did normally with the student body buzzing with the news of the day.

"Daniel Cohen is coming back today."

The murmuring around the classroom was loud enough that even without asking anyone I had already gotten to know that he would be arriving during lunch time.

It was actually ridiculous how much everyone liked to talk about him when he obviously hated the attention, but nevertheless it was funny to witness it so I was kind of looking forward to seeing him during lunch.

As soon as I reached the cafeteria, I was immediately swooped towards the girl's table which was headed by Queen Shay. Whenever Shay and Liam were in a fight- which was almost all of the times- all the girls whom Shay considered as friends grouped up around a table singing the 'Our dear Shay' hymn along with the occasional anti-Liam rants. The funny thing in all of this was that when their fight would end, all of these girls would be ready to gush to Shay how much of an awesome boyfriend she had. Yeah, that was the power of Shay over the female population of the school, excluding the teachers of course.