Chapter-4

This chapter is dedicated to CLreborn because she made me the amazing cover on the side. Go read her creations!

And I can't believe that the story has almost 300 read. Its so awesome!!!

Here is the 4th chapter. Hope you enjoy =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So taking the angle equal to 37 degrees, the maximum horizontal distance would be 20 metres." I furiously scribbled on the piece of paper lying on the table. 

Daniel had his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to understand my not-so-clean handwriting.  

I swear I had the messiest handwriting with the sheet always stained with ink spots everywhere. Weren't girls supposed to have super nice flowing handwriting?

Even Daniel had it better than me.

Oh, who was I kidding? It was not just ‘better’; His words looked like the freaking Waltograph. 

That was something that I had learned about him while helping him with his assignment. I also came to know that he was actually pretty smart too. He was taking AP computer science and he intended to make a career in it.

Who knew that the school's most popular jock wanted to be the next Zuckerberg?

"Hmm...okay I think I got it," Daniel stated and went on to solve the next problem on the assignment. 

We were sitting at one of tables which were placed outside of a little café called 'Beans & Cakes'. It was situated on the outskirts of the town and thus had a quite surrounding. Soft mellow music always flowed through the speakers on the wall which made the café a perfect spot to relax. I was roaming aimlessly around the town one day when I had stumbled across it and had instantly fallen in love with the place. It was nice to just sit and enjoy the smell of fresh coffee beans that wafted out from the café. 

I reached out towards the metal basket kept on the table taking another muffin from it. Removing the paper liner from it I took a bite enjoying the sweet taste. 

Daniel was still very much immersed in the physics problem. I didn't know why he had even asked for my help seeing that he had hardly came across any problem in the past hour and a half. 

During this time, neither one of us spoke much. I had kept my promise to Daniel of not bringing up the topic of the bridge by never even mentioning it once. However, that didn't mean that I was ready to forget about it. I just didn't know how to approach him regarding that any other way so I had decided to simply go with the flow of events and try to know him better while hoping that he would open up to me someday. Besides, asking him directly had not really proved to be of much help, and since no one wants to deal with an 'Angry Daniel' so this was my only option. 

Daniel seemed calm today, almost happy actually. His dark blue eyes looked lit up and his persona seemed more relaxed, nothing like the irritable person that I thought he was. 

"Is it correct?" he asked placing the notebook in front of me and pulling me out of my trance. 

"Yeah, it's right." I took one of the remaining muffins and held it at him smiling, goofily. "Here you go. It's a reward for all the hard work. Enjoy." 

"I thought I wasn't even going to get one with your speed of stuffing them down," Daniel said taking a bite. 

I looked at the muffin basket and realized that I had already eaten four out of the batch of six muffins that we had ordered.