Chapter-23

Dedicated to Damned_Reality for her support to the story. Thank you ♥

Hey y'all! How is every one?

So here is the chapter with one of the major explanation. I wrote this chapter three times and still am not sure if it turned out to be any good. So please tell me your honest views about it. I can always rewrite it. =)

Enjoy ♥

----------------------------------------------

Five minutes later, I was still on my bed, nervousness filling me up.

Okay Norah, there's nothing to be worried about. Maybe it won't be too bad.

But then what if it was something I couldn't handle. Like what if he was dying or something.

No, he couldn't be dying. Right?

There was only one way to know. I had to go out and listen to what he had to say.

After having the little debate in my mind, I finally hopped off the bed to go to my dad's room. The door was slightly ajar.

"Dad, I'm going for a walk, 'kay?" I informed him, peering through the crack.

He shifted his attention from the book in his hand.

The Kite Runner

"Now? But it's already dark," he said using his stern father voice.

"It's just nine, dad. And we won't go far. Just around the block," I reasoned, tilting my head to the side.

"We?" His eyebrows rose up. "As in you and your gay boyfriend?"

I shook my head, chuckling. "No, we as in me and my straight friend who you met today," I answered, pressurizing the word 'friend'.

"Daniel?"

"Yeah."

He thought for a minute. "Fine, but be back soon. And remember, no puzzling, okay?"

He was having too much fun at my expense.

I rolled my eyes at that. "Yeah, got it. No puzzling."

He nodded, satisfied, and I ran down the stairs, almost tripping once.

"Finally," I heard him say the moment, I opened the front door. "I was ready to throw rocks at your windows."

"And then my dad would have shot those rocks right back at you," I answered, heading towards the hedge, against which Daniel was leaning.

"Then would you have come running down, and put my head on your lap as I died in your arms?" Daniel asked, with a feign dramatic expression.

"Nah," I drawled. "I would have thrown more stones and laughed at you like a maniac."

"And that's the modern day heroine for you, people," he announced to the imaginary audience, shaking his head in disapprobation.

"Sure is," I said, smirking a little. "Now are we going to stand here all night or are we going to start moving?"

"Look at you, Ms. Bishop. So excited to go on a little walk with me," he teased, smiling.

"Fine, good night, see ya." I turned around to walk back inside but he stopped me by grabbing my forearm.

Okay, why did he have to that all the time? I mean it wasn't like it was bothering me but I really didn't like the way my brain and body reacted to his touch.