Chapter-42

I am not sure if this even counts as a chapter. I am only half aware what I have written in it. Really sorry for the delay, but I am just swarmed with work and in such conditions, the quality of my writing gets really horrible. I am already regretting writing this one. Maybe, I should have written this after some time, but oh well, it's done so, what can I do? And a prior warning, the dialogues in this chapter may not make sense because I am already half asleep as I am typing this. So really sorry if this chapter feels weird all in all. Oh, and it's not edited either.=P

But I am still hoping you like it (at least somewhat)

----------------------------------------------------------

"Favorite Color?"

"Black."

I rolled my eyes. "No surprise there." Daniel gave me a side eye. I ignored it. "Okay, favorite book?"

"Take a guess," he said, eyes going back on the road as we drove out of the town.

I wasn't told where we were headed. Daniel just barged in my room saying that we had to leave in an hour, with no more information.

The place around the limit of Cassell was mostly quiet and not occupied by even a single soul other than us. It was just a narrow road cutting through a dense, lush woods.

"Fault in our stars?" I suggested with a sly smile on the corner of my lips.

"That’s not even funny."

I chuckled silently. "Okay..." I made a thinking face. "How about...umm... the Golden Compass?"

Daniel turned to me, a look of being slightly puzzled. "Okay, that was freakishly quick."

I shrugged, shifting deeper in the seat of the car. "That's the most worn out looking book in your room, so..."

"Getting a little too observant, aren't we now?" He smirked.

"Says the guy who remembered that I wore a tiny pink butterfly clip to school and then mentioned it in a letter," I replied back, smiling knowing that I had won this argument.

Daniel frowned, a pout forming. "Okay, when you say it like that, it sounds really creepy."

"It sounds creepy any way I say it," I countered making his frown to intensify. I chuckled. "Just kidding."

"How about I ask the next few questions now?" He asked, his eyes meeting mine, and there was this bright shine in them, which had been there lately. It was hard not to notice and not hard to tell that what it meant.

Nodding, I smiled at him and he did too. For a few seconds we stayed like that before he turned back to the road. That was building into a habit of ours, I think, one that I definitely didn't mind. Just staring at each other and smiling for absolutely no reason. It was both exciting and scary the feels I got every time I said it to myself that Daniel and I were together now, finally, because I don't think I had even reached the stage where I was sure that I wasn't just making this up in my head. This was really happening.

"Favorite song?"

I blinked a few times, clearing my head to focus on his question. "Umm, I believe I have already answered that question. And here I thought you had a good memory," I said, tapping the side of his head with my knuckles.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Yeah, but I am pretty sure that Macarena cannot be your favorite song."

"And what if it is?" I asked in a challenging tone.

He took a dramatically deep sigh. "Then I am afraid you can't be my girlfriend anymore. This just isn't gonna work out."

Subduing the flutter in my stomach that I got every single time he called me his girlfriend, I mimicked his sigh. "Then this is it, I guess. I hope we can still remain friends though."