Chapter-48

Hi!

So this chapter is dedicated to Musicandbeats! Such a lovely lovely lovely kiddo she is. I annoy her so much by my laziness in sending her chapters to edit but she has still been such a sweetheart to me. Thank you for putting up with me and just being the amazing little star you are. You rock!! *throws sparkles at you for being your awesome self, 'cause that's just how I roll* =P

Also, a huge shout out to mncobbs1! I realized how I never thanked you for being an amazing support to this book. Being the overly endearing person I can be at times, I wish I could come up to hug you right now as you read this *in a totally non creepy way though =p*. You are totally getting the epilogue dedicated to you. *if I decide to write one though* Hehehe. On a serious note, thaaank you. =)

Now you can read. 

Enjoy ♥

----------------------------------------------------

Daniel's pov - 

Life has its own ways.

Life has its way of building us. Life has its ways of demolishing us. Life has its ways of healing us. Life has its ways of hurting us.

It's ever changing, like the hands of time, never waiting for anyone. You can either hop on the wagon or get left behind, forgotten.

Another thing about life, it doesn't come with a 'go back' option.

No matter how much you scream inside, gnaw at the wall of your own soul to undo just that one thing, life won't let you. It will watch you from far, relishing in your suffering.

Life is cruel.

Life is unfair.

So there's no use of crying. You have to move along with it. You have to choose it, one way or another for it's the only choice there is.

It was snowing today. The sky was like how it would look on a typical winter afternoon, dark and gloomy.

The last time we had talked, she had said she liked the color of sky when it's about to snow.

Why?

How could anyone like it?

It was depressing as shit.

I also remembered the day before that when we talked about what she wanted to do on her birthday.

With a shy smile, she had shrugged her shoulder saying that she didn't know. She didn't exactly look forward for her birthday anymore. I had simply nodded, understanding that it couldn't be easy on anyone who had lost a twin. But just as we were about to drop the subject, she had suddenly uttered something. "I just wish it snows that day, like continuously without stopping," she had said with a faraway smile, wrapped up in some warm, old memory. "Emma loved it when it snowed."

Looked like both of them got their wish fulfilled. Today was their birthday, seventeenth of December, and it was snowing almost a freaking blizzard, only neither of them was able to see it.

The snow and pebbles crunched under my heavy shoes as I shifted my weight on my right leg.

Even with the gloves on, I could feel the bitter frost of the snow as I brushed some away from the headstone.

I tried not to look at the words inscribed in it.

"Happy birthday," I said, my voice being carried away in the howling wind and then getting lost in it.

I placed the flowers in the new urn which had been installed recently.

Guess this was the only way for the parents for getting their kids a present after they have left this world.