Chapter-18

Hello!

This chapter is dedicated to zulfaxxx for her awesome comments and her amazing support. I am lucky to have you as a reader. Thank you =)

-----------------------------------------------------

"No, I don't like this one," Liam mumbled and the store-worker who was getting impatient with every passing minute sighed. Rolling her eyes in a subtle manner, she pulled out another velvety box from below the counter.

 Liam had decided to get over the Shay-Sebastian accident and was going to be the one who was going to take the first step for reconciliation this time by planning a surprise date for Shay and by gifting her something special, so that was the reason why we were stuck in a jewelry store for the past half an hour and no where near to buying anything. Now you may wonder why I was there. Well then let me tell you that it was one of the downsides of being one of the closest friends of Shay. After narrowing the list down, the choice was between me and Abbey but since Abbey's excuse making skills were better than mine, ultimately it was poor old me who got the golden opportunity of being Liam's shopping partner.

I used to think that doing shopping with Shay was no less than a work but that day I had learned that the only thing more tiring than shopping with Shay was shopping for Shay.

Undoing the clasps of the box, the attendant slid it to our side. A tiny green gemstones studded white gold bracelet lied elegantly on a silky purple fabric, with fine engraving done on the entire surface. I looked at the price tag and my eyebrows automatically lifted, high enough to hit the ceiling.

$900!

Who has 900 dollars to waste on a bracelet?

But Liam didn't seem fazed by the out-of-this world price.

The perks of having a rich father I guess, or a rich step-father in his case.

Liam looked at me and I nodded in approval.

"Great! I'll take it." Liam finally looked satisfied and the store-worker, who was ready to whack her head on the counter, finally looked relieved.

"Oh, thank god. I think we were going to be stuck here till next year." I stood up from my seat as Liam took his credit card out to pay.

"It didn't take that long and I think she'll like it." He actually looked proud of his purchase.

"She better. I didn't waste half an hour of my life for nothing."

"Hey, mom just sent me a text asking if you'll be joining us for dinner." Liam read from his phone as we left the store which was on the second floor of a local mall.

"Nah, some other time." The prospects of eating in the Cohen household still didn't count as my ideal way of spending my time.

"Oh, come on, you still can't be hung up on the fact that you were responsible for Dan's accident." Liam gave me a nudge in the shoulder.

"I'm not but your parents might be."

"Well, they aren't either. So come with me. You don't have your car anyway so I'll drop you off after dinner."

"I don't know," I replied still feeling doubtful.

"What if I told you it's Dan's birthday. Then would you know?" Liam said and I stopped walking.

"It's really his birthday?" I took my phone out and logged into my Facebook account. "Guess, he's not in my friends list 'cause I didn't get a notification."

Liam shrugged. "That's because he doesn't have a Facebook. Now are you coming or not? I know you want to." He gave me a taunting look.

"Not you too. I already got a lesson from Shay. I don't need another one." I raised my hand towards the ceiling.