Chapter-16

Hello!

I'm here with another new chapter. Again it's a super long one. Tell me if you like the chapters being long or would you rather have them shorter.

Enjoy =)

----------------------------------------------------

Breathless.

Too tired.

But I ran.

With music from the earphones sending waves through my body, I ran. I ran in a hope to leave all the unnerving thoughts behind me with every step that I took.

In the past two hours, I'd covered the perimeter of my block at least fifteen times. Sweat coated my body in layers and my brain pretty much thumped against my ear drums while I could actually feel the course of the blood gushing through my arteries.

I was near my house and was planning for another lap when arrival of Shay's white Mazda made me stop in my tracks.

"Get in loser, we're going to the movies," Shay said putting the cover of her new convertible down.

"The hell? When did you become a blonde?" I asked walking towards her car, still out of breath.

"Today morning after ballet class. What do you think the mean girl reference was for?" She smirked, flipping her newly dyed and styled hair behind her shoulder.

"Oh I thought that's because you take real life inspiration from Regina George?" I said leaning on the hood of her car.

With an eye roll she spoke, "I won't touch you 'cause you're sweating like a pig, otherwise I would've smacked you on your head. Now take a shower and dress up, we've a movie to watch."

"With your female army?" I pulled the cord of the earphones and wound it to form a small bundle.

"No, just you, me and Sebastian. I was starting to get bored of all the high pitched giggles so I thought why not hang out with you guys," she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Now be quick. I've already called Sebastian. He'd here in a minute."

Nodding my head, I followed Shay who sauntered up the porch step, moving her hips from side to side. Even her walk felt like that of a diva.

"I'll be back in ten," I declared and then made my way to my room to grab a shower. The bed lied still unmade after previous night looking odd in an otherwise cleaned up room. The deep orange glow of the evening sun filtered through the white and light pink curtains.

That was a thing I didn't like about this room. Instead of getting the morning sun, it got to have the view of the setting one. This was the reason that when the we had bought this house, I had chosen the opposite facing room than this one and Emma had to take this room with practically no influence of the morning sun. But it was alright with her. It wasn't her permanent room anyway, just during weekends.

You see, when we were younger, around eight or so, our parents had moved this town from my grandparents'. The move was easy for me. I was never the one who had many friends anyway but this wasn't the case for my sister. She wasn't ready to leave her hometown along with our grandparents and her friends. She was just eight but had the stubbornness of an eighty year old. Even after mom and dad assuring her that they would take her to visit them every month, her mind remained unchanged. So after seeing that there was no other way, my grandparents decided to take her in. At first, I was actually very mad at her for leaving me alone in a new town but soon I understood her real reason of staying at my grandparents.