Chapter-10

Dedicated to KevinaOyatedor. She has been one of my readers from the very start. I can't thank you enough for your support. Plus I really like your name. =)

So here's the 10th chapter. I can't believe this story has already reached double digits in term of chapters. It feels so awesome!

Without wasting any of your time, here is the chapter. Read on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

3 times. Last night, I had tried calling Daniel 3 times, only to have every single one of my calls ignored. And since I hadn't got any answers so all my night was spent thinking why he didn't pick up the phone.

Maybe I was over-thinking and over-analysing everything again. Maybe he was just busy with whatever the call, that he got yesterday morning, was about. Or maybe he was in a bad condition and was shutting me off.

I don't know.

All I knew was that I sincerely hoped that he was safe wherever he was.

The sudden ringing of the clunky school bell ended the on-going session of "What to do about Daniel" discussion going on in my head. I kept looking towards the end of the hallway where Daniel's locker was in a hope to catch him before the first period.

"Ready to go?" Sebastian said casually, coming up to me. His voice sounded heavy.

"Yeah, just waiting for Shay. She borrowed some of my notes notes." I chose to not mention Daniel.

"I don't think she's going to come today. Must be with Liam," Sebastian remarked, rubbing his eyes.

"Are they back on again?" I asked, stealing a glance at Daniel's locker again.

Still no sign of Daniel.

After not getting any reply from Sebastian, I looked at him and found a confused expression on his face.

"What?"

He knitted his eyebrows together. "You don't know anything?"

Instantly, my stomach got twisted into a knot at the grim way Sebastian uttered the words

I hate these kinds of situation, you know where you already know that the other person is going to drop an atomic bomb on you and all you can do is think what it is about.

"Know what?" I asked, curiousness bubbling inside of me.

"Seriously? The whole school has been talking about it. How do you not know about it?" Sebastian said, looking at me in disbelief.

It wasn't like I hadn't noticed that the whole student population had been buzzing about something that day. But assuming it to be just another random gossip or rumour, I had decided to ignore it. And besides, I was too preoccupied about the whole Daniel situation to think about anything else.

"Are you going to tell me or is there some more amount of suspense still left to be built up?" I was getting annoyed at the lack of answers and the increasing amount of questions.

Sebastian ran his fingers through his dark blonde hair. "So you honestly don't have a clue what happened to Daniel last night?"

Everything in me froze.

"What...what a-about Daniel?" I managed to form the words with difficulty.

Please let him be alright. Please let him be okay, I chanted internally.

"He...Norah, Daniel's dead," Sebastian said in a whisper but the words were loud enough to pierce through my brain.

"He was involved in an accident last night."