Chapter-47

Read the previous chapter if you haven't first. I have uploaded two chapters at once so there might be some confusion.

------------------------------

Emma Kristina Bishop

Born: 17 December; 10:37 am

Norah Viktoria Bishop 

Born: 17 December; 10:42 am

 My mother had told me that it was snowing the day we were born. It was a Wednesday, I remember her saying. 

It was snowing tonight too.

Tiny flakes, white and soft, fell obliquely from the gloomy sky. With my eyes, I followed one of them as it came gently from above only to get lost in the pool of blood encircling my head. 

A few more snowflakes got the same fate, melting under the heat of my blood. 

Snowflakes had such a tiny life. 

I guess a life of eighteen years can be considered a short one too. 

And one with just fourteen years even shorter. 

A whimper could be heard from somewhere nearby. He was crying in pain, but I lied there unaffected. 

I could feel my life slipping away from my fingertips, but it didn't matter.

Nothing mattered. 

Not anymore. 

 We don't usually think about the way when we would leave this earth. We take it for granted that there will be a tomorrow until death is staring us in the face, telling us that there isn't going to be one.

The sky that looked upon me was telling me the same thing. It was lulling me to sleep with the gentle pattering of the snowflakes a lullaby for me the night. 

The dials of time had shifted a little bit just for me today. Everything and nothing existed together for me. 

Just for me. 

I could feel all my life at once. I could see myself growing up with my sister, her eyes still watching over me, her laugh still resonating somewhere in my ears, her presence still remaining everywhere in my world. 

I could see my mother smiling at me, hear the voice of my dad telling me bedtime stories of how the good always won over the evil. 

I knew now that it wasn't always true but it was alright.

It didn't matter. 

Nothing mattered.

 Not anymore.

And I could feel my Daniel with me. I could feel his touch lingering on my skin and his smile telling me I was safe. 

Safe from everything. 

And I really was. 

Nothing could hurt me anymore. 

 The town centre clock somewhere struck, marking the passing of another hour of this third day of December and I closed my eyes with it, knowing that if I was never going to open them again, I would be where I belonged to, with the other half of my soul, with my twin. 

No regrets. 

Nothing mattered. 

Not anymore. 

Emma Kristina Bishop 

Time of Death: 14 September; 7:14 pm   

-------------------------------

So yeah.

I'll talk to you guys soon.

Vote, comment, share