Chapter-8

Hello! Did you notice the new cover? It's so beautiful. Thank you @lostmemoria for making it. You did an amazing job so I am dedicating this chapter to you =)

So here is the next chapter. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------

The surface of the water felt like solid concrete as my body hit it and then penetrated the cold water like a bullet.

It took me a moment to control my body which was rolling in all  directions because of the force of the water. A loud splash came from nearby which further agitated the already wild water.

A hand wrapped around my arm which pulled me back to the surface, my lungs relaxed as they were filled with fresh oxygen once again.

Daniel's face emerged from the water after mine with hair was sticking to his head and his breath running rapidly.

"Are you fucking crazy? Why would you do that?" Daniel yelled at me, his breathing ragged.

"It was fun," I replied smiling, but that seemed to take his anger to a higher level.

"Fun? Fun? That wasn't fun! You could've killed yourself!" he growled gnashing his teeth.

"No, I wouldn't have. I've done this before and I'm alright," I said in a gentle voice to calm the fuming boy. His eyes were scary to look at so I decided to avert my gaze downwards which made me notice our proximity. Our chests were almost touching and he had a strong grip on my waist as the water lapped around us.

I moved back away slowly from Daniel to create some distance between us.

"You're an idiot, Norah," he stated with a heave, running his fingers through his hair.

"I know. Now can we please get out of the cold water first, then you can yell at me to your heart's content. It's freezing in here," I pleaded, a shiver running through my body and my teeth chattering, noisily.

Without saying anything, he started to swim towards the shore, his hand firmly linked to mine as if I was going to slip away otherwise.

"Why would you do that, No?" Sebastian asked as we reached where everyone else was waiting. "That was insane!"

"Don't worry Seb. I knew what I was doing," I told him and then looked at Mike who was approaching us running down from the cliff with Abbey trailing far behind.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked breathless running his eyes over my body to find any kind of injury.

"Yeah, I am okay. And I hope you learnt to never tell me that I can’t do something." I smiled obnoxiously. I must've seemed like a total brat to everyone.

Mike gave me look that got me to a conclusion that he either wanted to kill himself or me.

"You're an idiot! I say tons of things everyday but no one is stupid enough to actually act on it," Mike said in a disapproving tone.

"Okay, no one got hurt so calm down everyone and get back to surfing. Except you Norah, you're going to sit with Shay," Liam commanded and everyone scattered away slowly.

We returned to the cabin after two hours of the rest of people surfing- or at least trying to- while I was made to sit quietly and far away from the water.

"There is still some light outside so I guess we still have time for another activity," Liam said writing something on tiny bits of paper.

"Activities? I'm sorry I forgot that we were in kindergarten again." Sebastian said while munching an apple.