Chapter-35

Hello!

How are you lovelies? All good? Ready for the chapter? Well then here you go!

The rules are as always. The one in the present tense narrative is the flashback!

I'll talk to you once you're done reading the chapter. =)

Oh, and listen to the song on the side while reading the last half of the flashback. It's got a good feel to it.

Enjoy ♥

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You made me lie, again!" Anya yells, storming through the entry of my room wearing her wacky, over-sized 'Beatlemania' t-shirt.

I sit up on my bed and make a face at her. "Shh! Not so loud! They'll hear you." Rolling off the bed, I close the door after making sure that no one is in the hallway.

"Nor, I swear I would be hella rich if I charged for every time I've ever lied for you," she rambles blaring, discarding my warning. "Care to explain why did you miss the rehearsal today?"

I swear I am having this conversation for the hundredth time. I have missed yet another string quartet rehearsal and made Anya cover up for me when my mom called. 

It's not like I don't like playing. In fact, if my life was a book, it would start and end with a quote explaining my addiction to its music. But it's those high school seniors that are in the quartet that my mom made me join; bossy and down right rude. So instead sometimes, I take my violin to this place behind the school building. 

I love it there. It's quiet, beautiful and the best of all, no one orders me around.

And after all, it's about the love for music, not where you play it, right? 

I silently look at Anya, knowing that I don't need to answer. She already knows. She always does. 

Anya sighs exasperatedly. "You went to that place again?"  She establishes her hands on her hips, trying to look intimidating but failing so hard that it almost makes me laugh, but I don't. "I don't get why you have such a huge thing for that place? Are you sure there isn't any boy you're meeting over there and not telling me?"

I snicker. "Cause of course that's why I go there."

I fall back on my bed, and Anya plops on it too. "Yeah? tell me all about him," she plays along.

"Tall, great hair, adorable smile, doesn't smells like drenched in Axe deodorant," I enumerate, making the list as I go. "And the best of all, completely imaginary."

"Excluding the imaginary part, I actually might know someone who fits all those criterion," Anya says, making a thinking-hard face.

"Let me guess." I turn on the bed. "That silent, cute guy in your English class you talk about?"

"Daniel?" She asks a little surprised.

"Yeah." I nod. "I think he likes you too. Saw him looking at our table that other day at lunch."

After giving me a good half a minute stare, she shook her head. "For the love of John, I've lost all hope for you."

"Huh?"

"Nothing," she huffs, but then says, "Sometimes I worry we'll end up alone, you, with your stupid violin and I, with my cats."

I raise my eyebrows at the somber look that has sprinted on her face. "The cats, that you are yet to have?"