Chapter-45

Yo! How are you all doing?

Okay, so it may seem like another late update but trust me this is way earlier than I had planned.

Anyway, so like I mentioned earlier that there are hardly any more chapters left now, so this is where the last arc of the story starts, or as you can say 'the beginning of the ending' (Lol I have always wanted to say that =P)

I will edit any mistakes really soon. I was in a hurry to upload so I probably skipped a lot of them in the terrible proof reading I do.

Keeping that aside, hope you like it.

Enjoy ♥

----------

I ran but it was too dark to see.

I could sense him behind me, laughing, like this was a little game for him.

He was enjoying my fear as I ran senseless.

My heart ran fast and my legs even faster, but it was useless. I knew it in my bones that I wasn't getting anywhere.

I was trapped in the darkness.

There was no escape.

A hand clutched my wrist from behind, and pulled me behind. I flew back like a rag doll and rammed into something.

"Got you."

I felt a stark, dense fear cloud everything in me as his breath fanned the skin behind my ear. His arms snaked around my waist, pinning me to him.

He took a whiff of my hair. I shuddered.

And then I screamed. For my life.

--Earlier--

"So you missed your practice today?"

Keeping my phone pressed between my shoulder and ear, I combed my bedside table drawer to find my wallet.

"I just didn't kinda feel like going," I answered, pushing aside all the useless crap that was inside the drawer.

"When did you ever?" I could feel Anya smirk even across the phone. I rolled my eyes, but I knew she was right. "I don't get how in the world you plan on playing with the fancy Julliard crowd when you don't even like playing with the school's tiny string quartet."

"Well, Juilliard is a far away dream and lately all I can play is the shower scene from Psycho, so as much as I am always up for public humiliation, I think I am going to skip doing it with people I go to school with." I pulled out the wallet lying underneath the heap of frayed music sheets. A smile automatically appeared as my eyes fell on the photo frame standing on the top of the drawer.

"Oh, pish posh, those are lovely kids we go to school with," she said with a thick but fake Southern accent, much like her mother had.

"Still haven't shed your Texan streak, I see Ms. Conrad." I shut the door of my room after me, and padded down the hallway to the stairs.

"Once a Texan, always a Texan," I heard her giggle she returned back to her usual way of speaking. "So, anyway, you coming over tonight, right?"

"Yep. I will be there by eight max," I spoke, running down the stairs, one at a time. "I am hoping you have taken care of all the supplies, Ms Anya?"

"All set. Sappy movies, trashy magazines, bucket full of gossips, a kitchen full of food to stuff our faces and a list of silly reasons to break into a pillow fight while wearing our sluttiest pajamas shorts," she enumerated as I laughed. "See ya soon, Toto. Have so much to tell you tonight. Bye."