Chapter-13

I want to dedicate this chapter to SuperGuardian because of her support. Thank you =)

And I've put up some of the cast. Those are Norah and Daniel on the side. I'll add the rest of the cast later. Tell me what you think of the cast and the chapter.

-----------------------------------------------

Daniel's face was as blank as the white painted wall behind him. 

Then with suspicion he eyed me. "So you're telling me that you're grounded and yet somehow you're here."

"Yup!"

"Are you sure that your parents know what keeping grounded means?"

I shrugged. "I just skipped Sebastian's basketball practice and beside it's not a big deal. I just have to gain like 200 more points and then I'll be ungrounded."

"Points?" Daniel gave me a funny look. "What kind of parents do you have?"

I was about to say something but Daniel cut me off. "Never mind. I don't wanna know. So anyway tell me again how Sebastian is okay with this?"

"He's not. I mean he just doesn't know. And I hardly think that he'll be mad about this. We have already spent a night together and he was-" I took a pause pondering over my own words. "Okay that sounded bad. But the main point is that it's not a big deal. He'll get it."

"So you suddenly decided to miss his practice and drop off my homework when Liam would've done that anyway? Just randomly?" he asked in a accusing tone.

"Why are you repeating everything I just told you like 5 minutes ago?" I asked innocently.

My actions were hardly considered random. I actually had to work a lot to make Liam talk to me and even more to make him give me Daniel's homework and class work that he was missing. I am sure at one point Liam was about to call for help as I was pretty much latched to his arm to make him do what I was saying.

After several minutes of bad acting and shameless requesting, he had finally promised to return to being normal with me and had handed me the thin accumulation of notes and books that I was currently holding.

"What's in the box?" Daniel inquired referring to the cute white cardboard box on top of the pile.

"Oh yeah right," I said and then placed the stack on the metallic table aligned beside the bed and just picked up the box. "I got it for you."

I held the box towards him. "What's in it?" he asked raising just one eyebrow.

"Fried human brain," I replied rolling my eyes and got the same reaction from Daniel as well.

"They're just cupcakes. To make up for the last time," I said subduing my sarcasm.

"You didn't need to do that," he said.

"Eh, I wanted to." I shrugged and placed the box on the table again.

I could see that he was just waiting for me to bring events of two nights back but I wasn't going to. I wasn't going to push him anymore for answers.

"So when will you be going home then?" I asked, continuing the casual talk.

"Tomorrow morning," he simply replied.

"Great!" I said enthusiastically and settled on the couch.

"Yeah"

And then I looked around the plain and blandly decorated room, not knowing what else to say. I went there to let him that neither was I going leave his side nor would I ask him anything about his mother. But that being done, I didn't know what else to talk to him about.