Chapter-26

"Tell me."

"No"

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

"No, no, no!"

"Did you know all along, 'cause you didn't look very surprised?"

I sighed, rubbed my forehead, and fell back on the couch in my living room. "I told you I'm not saying anything until Sebastian gets here."

"Pleeease," Daniel drawled. "I am gonna blow up with the suspense!"

"Then please do so," I replied, not missing a beat. "Might be entertaining to watch."

"You're mean."

"So I've been told." I got up to get to the kitchen, and took out my phone to see if I had gotten any other reply to the SOS message I had sent Sebastian.

Alright, maybe it wasn't exactly an emergency but I was stressing out here, not sure what information I could give out to Daniel without Seb's permission, and beside it wasn't just my beans that had been spilled all over the floor. Sebastian was to blame too.

Who in their right mind would go out in open with their boyfriend if they are trying to keep their relationship hidden?

Seeing that I didn't have any new message, I yanked open the refrigerator door, and reached for the ice compartment. After the large tray was twisted, the ice cubes easily fell in the plastic bowl that I had taken out.

"What are you doing?" Daniel asked, an almost grimace on his features.

Instead of an answer, I settled on shooting a 'duh' look, and popped in another ice cube in my mouth.

"I've never actually seen someone do that." He looked a little bugged with the ease that I was devouring the cubes, one after another. "But I don't think that it's good for you."

"It's either this, or I smoke off a whole packet of Marlboro," I finally answered, moving my hands aimlessly. "Choose my poison."

"Fine, whatever," he said, raising his hands in defeat, and just when I thought he was going to stop with the questions that he had pelted me with from right after we had dropped Juliet at her house, a grin spread on his face. "But only if you tell me what was it all about."

I exhaled, closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Come on! At least give me something!" he spoke when I didn't. "That other guy, it was Lucas Allen, right? I think he graduated from our school last year. So he and Iver, huh? Since when? Well, now if I think about it, Sebastian is kind of dandy. God! Tell me!"

He was having too much fun in this.

Keeping one ice cube aside from it, I picked up the bowl, pulled on the collar of Daniel's shirt and emptied all its content. Taken completely by surprise, a cry of being startled erupted from his mouth as the half melted ice cubes tumbled down his shirt, leaving water stain on the white cloth as their aftermath.

"What was that for?" He protested, pulling his shirt away from sticking onto him.

"I suddenly realized that I never got my revenge on you for throwing me in that dirty lake during the cabin trip," I answered, not at all sorry for my actions. "And plus, you were seriously annoying me."

Picking up the kept aside ice cube from the counter, I nibbled on it but as soon as a familiar sting of pain ran across my brain, the cube almost fell from my hand, and a hiss of pain escaped my mouth.