Chapter-12

Dedicated to Aisha_1901 =)

Thank you so much for your support through out the story. It really motivates me to write better. I am so grateful to have you as a reader :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There are two kinds of people in the world, those who're imbecile enough to agree to do whatever Daniel Cohen says, and those who lie their asses off!

Because it was a world known fact that if you knew Daniel Cohen, then he would get you to do anything against your will, and in my case to get me to smuggle a hamburger into a fraking hospital at an ungodly hour.

I bet everyone in the school had their own version of 'Daniel got me to do this' story, only their degree of severity varied.

From the corner of my right eye, I looked at Daniel, who was now lying on the bed with a grin so wide that I could actually feel his amusement radiating from him in waves and travelling towards me.

He had already finished his burger. Well actually, he had done that within the first minute of starting and had got me worried that he was going to ask for another. Fortunately, he didn't.

"You can sleep, you know?" Daniel suggested placing his right arm under his head.

Knowing that the school's hottest guy is lying so close to me? Yeah, no thank you!

"No, I don't feel sleepy," I replied, re-positioning myself on the uncomfortable couch. I could feel the hard springs poking my back.

"You don't sleep much anyway, do you?" Daniel asked as if he already knew the answer.

"And you do?" I retorted back. I had noticed that half of the time he really looked tired and sleep deprived.

"I've other things to do at night. If you get what I mean," he said with an obnoxious.

"Please keep the details of your filthy lifestyle to yourself," I said rolling my eyes. He chuckled.

I heard someone passing in front of the door and immediately became alert. I couldn't see who was outside since the blinds were on for the window. But when nothing happened, I settled back on the couch which was a tad bit tiny for my height.

"What if someone comes in?" I asked feeling fidgety.

"Then we'll tell them that you're my girlfriend and just couldn't stay from my amazing body so you sneaked in to get some," he asserted as if that was the obvious thing to say.

"No, thank you but I would rather admit of the burger thing than that," I said taking my phone out of my back pocket.

The screen lit up, with its sudden brightness assaulting my eyes which had grown accustomed to darkness by then. The clock on the screen blinked 2:48 am.

I still had a lot of time to kill.

I hoped that dad hadn't noticed my absence; otherwise I was going to be in a trouble deeper than the Marina Trench.

I clicked on the tiny bevelled 'Instagram' icon and logged in.

I started to go through profiles of random people, some I followed, some I didn't. I looked through the recent images. One of them was of Chad's in a bathroom mirror. His shirt was 'accidentally' raised, revealing his abdomen while he looked into the phone camera, obnoxiously.

I snorted.

"So this is what you do at night? Ogle pictures of half-naked guys and judge them?" I turned towards Daniel who was looking at my phone screen.