XXII

With food simmering on the pan, she watched as the chicken crackled and shook from the heat.

"Are you hungry?" she asked not even realizing it was Alucard who she was offering food to. In autopilot she had forgotten that the man had said something about hating human food and didn't even bother with the substance.

"Of course." he replied from where he sat.

"Does chicken sound good, it's what I'm making for dinner." spicing the piece of meat she placed a sheet of linked metal over the pan to keep oil from hitting her skin and burning her. Setting the heat to a simmer, she pulled out the broccoli she had planned to steam. This meal would be much better than instant packaging crap.

"You are aware that I cannot imbibe in regular food, as I stated earlier?" placing his chin in his palm he watched the girl go to work.

"Oh right, habit of asking I guess." she replied plainly before placing the tray of greens in the microwave.

"Could it be you want to cook for me?" he teased only to have her sigh.

"Oh shut up." she replied grouchily.

"If you truly wish to sate my hunger, allow me to make a feast out of you." he chuckled in response. Elyza simply ignored the man and continued cooking.

"Don't you have blood packets or something?" Elyza retorted as she began to turn off the flame and remove the broccoli from the microwave.

"Do you truly think a monster such as myself could be pleased by still food?" standing he took note of the bottle of wine on the counter. Opening the cork he noticed the dating on the liquid. '1700'... This must've been expensive.

"I thought you couldn't stand human foods." taking note of the bottle he took interest in, she slyly commented as she placed half of the chicken breast onto a plate, along with a decent helping of greens.

"Wine has been one thing throughout the ages I've been able to taste rather normally." he replied before pouring himself a glass of the red liquid. Wait, she took note of the two, very full, wine glasses on the table. Was he trying to get her drunk?

"If you're trying to get me drunk you might as well leave." disliking the thought of Alucard attempting to get her drunk, she rudely spat at him.

"Why must you think that? Can I not pour the woman I love a drink?" crossing his legs he shot her the slightest look of disappointment. She blushed upon hearing the word 'love'.

"Sorry, I've just had plenty of people try to get me drunk." taking a seat at the head of the barren table, she took a sip of the maroon liquid before cutting into her chicken and taking a bite.

"Hm, humans can be quite vulgar." he responded before taking a sip of the liquid as well.

"So I was like, 'dude! Why don't you go fuck your self?' He flipped me off before leaving with some other girl he just met! He was a dick, and I remember thinking I hope he gets caught driving drunk." she exclaimed as she threw her arms into the air. In one hand she held a half-empty bottle that she had been drinking from. He found it was rather ironic that she had insisted he dared not try and fog her rationality, but yet, here they were; Elyza simply drank straight from the bottle and had managed to make herself far beyond 'tipsy'.

She took another swig before giggling to herself and looking to the empty plate of food.

"I should probably clean up, but, I'm lazy." she snorted between laughs as she rose from her seat and headed over to her bedroom. Curious, he followed her. He hadn't the idea to expect from this woman when she was drunk, but clearly, she was more the type to go on rambles and laugh at nothing. It was quite lighthearted to be around her while she was in this state, but, he kept in mind that anything she might try and do would be out of hindered stability of the mind.