XI

Somehow it's soft, just enough support to be comfortable, and it's even warm. Did I fall back asleep? And what was with that weird dream? It was kind of depressing and slightly disturbing. I wonder what time period that was and who was the guy getting decapitated. Oh well, I'd rather just rest here for a little bit, I mean, I suppose I don't really have to go to work for a little while with all of the shit that happened. Is this a paid 'vacation'? Man, I wouldn't mind that.

With a deep inhale she brushed her cheek against her pillow before wrapping her arms around the comfortable object. It was then a sudden realization washed over her. Pillows don't feel like bodies, or at least to her knowledge they didn't...

Opening her eyes she realized it was completely dark, even when she pulled away and attempted to look around there was nothing in sight except little specs that danced in the darkness. They moved and appeared to make outlines of a table and door. Aside from that, there was nothing else really to be seen. Did someone turn off the lights in her room? No, she didn't remember falling back asleep in her bed. Hell, she didn't even remember what she had been doing.

"What the Hell..." she uttered under her breath before sitting up. Her hair was messy and her legs felt weak.

"So you're awake." a voice startled her from the darkness, of course it was him.

Surprised she quickly fell backward onto the bed, she was inches from the edge. Why did this man have to constantly do weird stuff like this? Most men would invite you out on a date or ask for your number. But this guy, he just went straight for the kill and forced himself to be constantly around her. She couldn't really do anything about it as she had learned. He was a master vampire and the most powerful one at that.

"Where the Hell am I? And why are we in bed together?!" blushing she reached for the sheets and attempted to cover herself.

"Does it matter? We're both here and together." with the light rustle of blankets a hand approached her from the murky darkness. He grabbed her waist and pulled her to him with a sudden force she could not react to in time to resist.

"H-Hey you need to quit grabbing me!" both arms snaked around her stomach to only pull her closer.

Why do humans resist so much?

"Come on, just let me go!" she struggled to the point it bothered him. While he did know her to be rebellious and stubborn, without her memories this was frustrating. But, he would deal with it for as long as it took. After all, this was the same person from before and he could never forget that.

"Why? Aren't you scared of the dark?" she stopped. Really the only other person who knew that was her mother who was off vacationing. But how did this man know?

"N-No I'm not, I'm just freaked out by you..." she did not sound very certain about her claim. He remembered every night she clinged to him, when he was still human. He remembered the times she'd ask him to follow her to fetch water. 

"Do not bother lying to me." gently he ran his ungloved hand through her hair. Somehow, maybe it was the fact she was scared, she did not protest or bother to retort. She accepted her current position knowing that she'd rather be in the presence of someone than be alone in such darkness "Do not worry either, I will be here to protect you, Cosmina." again with the name she did not recognize.

"P-Please, my name is Elyza. Not Cosmina." she pushed against him, given she had managed to wriggle to where she was facing him. With her hands on his chest he applied force but nothing really happened aside from some grunts in frustration that she was powerless.

For minutes they rested, Alucard enjoying the warmth emanating from her body. But there was something else... Given she was human and a virgin, everything within him wanted to ravish her and corrupt her. To drain her of humanity and ensure she never died as long as he remained at her side.

His hand slipped downward toward her rear out of temptation.

"Hey!" she yelped rather surprised by his sudden act of intimacy "Don't touch me there!" her hand reached for his and attempted to tug his wrist back, but of course, she failed.

"Please quit it!" she cried with a tear. Perhaps he should listen and hold back, after all, it is still early and she wouldn't understand his intentions. Complying he pulled away from the flesh that was so tantalizing. 

Taking a deep breath he looked down to her. He couldn't wrap his mind around this completely, so many years and finally she's back. 

"Why do you refuse me? I can read your mind, I can smell your pheromones, I can even feel your elevated pulse. All signs of enjoyment." with the slight sound of smugness in his breath she blushed. 

"I-I'm not used to being grabbed like that, especially by a guy I hardly know." she curled into a ball.

Perhaps he should allow her time to adjust...

Releasing his grip he patted her head before rising from the bed. She seemed confused and slightly surprised. Was he really going to comply to how she felt? The lights suddenly illuminated the room, the shock of brightness stunned her.

"I shall let you adjust, after all, you will be my bride once again." and with that he vanished through the wall. He could move through walls now?! And his bride? Why would a guy like him be interested in marriage?

This whole thing gave her a headache. 

After managing to find her way back to her room, she looked at the time. Six in the morning? How long had she been asleep? Oh well, she might as well get dressed for the day right? She headed for the bathroom that was conveniently located just to the back of the room through a large door. This place was the definition of luxury.

With a slight push the glass door opened and revealed the large bathroom. In it a large bathtub that could fit at least two people, a shower that had benches carved into the walls, along with all kinds of exotic body scrubs and perfumed hair products. This was incredible!

"Wow..." she quietly commented in awe of the decor. But she best not get used to it, after all, she wouldn't be here for much longer. Hell, her own house had a walk in shower, a toilet, and a sink. She was content with just that much.

Closing the door behind her, she stepped in further, her feet making contact with the cold, smooth marble. An entire wall was made up of a singular mirror. She looked to her reflection for a moment before turning her attention away from it and to the bath tub. Maybe she would take a bath? It had been years since she had a good soak in a tub, maybe it was time to be nostalgic.

Walking to the tub she reached for its faucet and turned it to an agreeable temperature. Quickly she stripped of her borrowed black sleeved t-shirt and gray tights. The outfit was comfortable and she couldn't complain given the clothes weren't even hers.

Naked she looked to the tub to see the water had filled a decent amount and that it was enough to relax in.