XXIV

Rousing from her sleep in the her own bed, she stretched before reluctantly sitting up with her shirt twisted and wrinkled. What had happened last night? Surely it would all come back to her with a cup of coffee. But, as soon as she stood, her head pounded with pain. She was hungover, that was the only thing she could think of, but, had she really gotten that drunk last night? Her eyes made their way to the bottle of wine on her dresser. Cussing herself inwardly, she came to the conclusion she needed water and a good dose of ibuprofen.

"Did he seriously bring flowers? Since when is this guy so corny?" she sighed as she looked over the roses that hadn't even been trimmed of their thorns. She laughed slightly before placing the boquet aside and turned her attention to the card on the table. After reading over his neat handwriting, her heart fell as he gone over in detail what had happened last night, as if practically knowing she'd forget everything. So she had gotten drunk! Dammit... Her eyes then looked to the last line on the white paper.

'Be ready with a suitcase of clothes for a week at noon.' Why would she need to pack a suitcase by noon? Where exactly was he planning to take her? This wasn't some silly date, being gone for a week seems a bit much, but, would she even bother to pack some luggage? If this was some strange attempt to court her, no way would she go... But still, part of her just wanted to tuck away some spare clothes in the case that she would leave, Alucard was known to be forceful.

Groaning incoherently, she walked over to her room with a cup of water in hand. She supposed she would go ahead and pack clothes just to be safe.

Zipping the suitcase she had found in her closet, she groaned as she straightened out the clothes she had bought the other day. Simple shorts and a blouse with a sweater seemed to suffice for the day. Showering proved to help with the pain of her headache and helped her refresh from quite the eventful night, if what Alucard had written was true. Had he really bit her? She never bothered to check her neck, maybe now would be the time to confirm or prove false Alucard's statement.

Walking to her bedroom mirror she brushed her hair behind her neck and stretched her chin back to get a good look at the sores. They had scabbed over, and instead of two canines piercing her, like last time, instead there was a whole set of teeth marks festering on her skin. They were red and bothered, some parts were purple like a hickey and others barely scabbed over. Her heart fell at the realization that the vampire had indeed, made a small snack out of her. Freaking out, she ran to the bathroom. She needed to disinfect it! She needed to hide those cuts! Thank God she had long hair that could cover the afflicted area.

Dipping a cloth in iodine, she braced herself for the sting of the disinfectant. Counting in her head, she quickly pressed the solution to her neck. The sting immediately set in and threw her eyes into the back of her head. She nearly keeled over, if it weren't for her firm grasp on her bathroom sink, she would've.

Giving herself a moment to adjust to the searing pain, she cleansed her wounds further before bandaging them and  bringing her hair forward to conceal the questionable bite marks. Alucard must've lost it or something, last time he was much more... gentle. He didn't seem like he wanted to inflict pain upon her, and if anything, wanted to keep her from harm. He had asked her to even promise she wouldn't get hurt... What had happened last night?

He festered within himself, his body just wanted more, more of that life he had tasted last night, glimpsed at last night. He wanted to go hunt her down, he needed to go pin her down and kill her, he needed to take her life and make sure it was secured within himself, he desperately needed to go and taste that life force that pulsed through every living thing; he needed to consume her being. If only she understood the cravings of a night-walker who's waited so many years. If only she knew what she did to him, only she knew what he would do to her once he's secured the chance to change her into something else.