XX

"What do you mean he's already found her?!" slamming his fist onto the table his glasses fell with a clatter while the silver necklace he wore jingling against the pendant adorned on his breast pocket.

"I-I'm sorry sir but it appears that the monster has made himself very well-known to Miss Carpathia. She had moved into England a few weeks ago when, a reported, 'terrorist' attack killed every staff member of Saint Joseph's Hospital near the London area. She was the sole survivor and the attacker's body was never found." The younger subject read from a brown folder that contained all kinds of information in regards to her.

"Shit," straightening out his collar he lit a cigar "I wanted to be clean about this."

"As did all of us sir." quietly the small man left the brown folder full of paper on his desk before walking away.

"Why do you insist on playing such loud music?" he stood behind her and watched as she typed away at the computer. Given he had insisted on staying the night, and most of the day, she thought if she couldn't do as she pleased in her own home, she'd throw him out.

"I like this music and this is my own home, Alucard. If you don't like it feel free to leave or whatever it is you do during your free-time." shooing him away she raised the volume of her radio. The music often helped her focus and keep to a very specific beat while working. Currently she had been given a report about a patient and how they complained they were dizzy and not feeling well. Of course she took the assignment and worked away.

"In my time I could easily buy such a small dwelling. Why must you live in this tiny home? If I could have my way I'd purchase us the largest house you could dream of." walking around he investigated the various boxes of unpacked furniture and clothing. He found it funny how little she owned.

"Well, I like living in a tiny house. It's cozy and fits me rather well." with a sigh she continued to file up a report.

"Isn't it that most humans dream of owning some extravagant home? So lavishly pointless?" rummaging through a small box that was light weight he questioned.

"I mean yeah, but, personally I like the small space. A big house just feels so barren and lonely." shrugging she took a sip of her coffee.

Not responding he dug through her various outfits. There seemed to be a plethora of plain blouses with jeans, not to mention the blue nurse's scrubs packed away. Did she really only wear this sort of thing? Nothing but pants and shirts. But, after digging to the bottom of the cardboard box he found the skirt and the long sleeved shirt his master had given to her. Why didn't she wear this sort of thing more often?

"Why don't you wear this sort of clothing more often? These shirts are so dull." tossing the skirt to her she quickly turned around and caught it before it hit her face.

"I don't really like skirts and stuff. I'd rather wear some jeans and a jacket." shrugging it off she tossed the garment to the floor.

Continuing to the next box he came across various photos in picture frames. Each of them looked to be of people smiling and enjoying each other. Although, there was one picture he was not very fond of.

"Who is this man you are with?" quickly appearing behind her, he placed the framed photograph over the monitor screen.

"Oh him? He was a co-worker of mine, we were good friends." grinning she looked nostalgic recalling her own memories. Alucard merely looked to the smiling man in the photo with some disgust.

"But when I moved we stopped talking, I think he's married now." again shrugging her shoulders she placed the photo picture down and continued to work. From what he could see, she was examining some strange close up of a blood cell. But, it looked rather disfigured and more oval like, rather than circular.

Turning around he continued to dig through more pictures. In one, with color rather distorted, there she was again smiling with another man. Her hair had been done up in a bun with a rose. From what he could tell, she was wearing a dark red dress that was rather form fitting, but it cut off at her cleavage. Next to her, another smiling man kissed her cheek while he was wearing a suit. Now this made him angry. But, she had already stood up and looked at the picture herself.

"That was my Prom date when I was in high school. He asked me to go with him, I didn't really want to go but my mom really wanted me to so I went. It was okay, the chocolate fondue occupied me while Joshua went and hung out with some of his buddies before dancing with me." her eyes studdied the way he looked when kissing her cheek and she cringed "He kinda forced that, I didn't like it. My mom still framed it." giving the frame a distasteful look she picked up the box and dug through even more pictures.

"Oh hey, there's me as a newborn. Wow, I was skinny baby." with wide eyes she looked over herself as a newborn crying in her mother's arms for the first time "I remember I had a twin but he died during birth and I survived. Twins tend to be delivered rather early." placing the picture near her desktop she continued her trip down memory lane.

"Why don't you change into this?" with quite the devilish grin, Alucard held up a pair of lingerie. Instantly her face heated and she attempted to grab the pair of lacy underwear.

"I'm not going to wear that!" she attempted to jump up and snatch the clothing from Alucard but, he tempted her by holding it up high just out of her reach. This was quite the excuse to have her in such close proximity to himself without it being forced on his part.

"I think it suits you." and just to push her buttons, he balled up the lingerie in his fist and took a sniff. The entire time he grinned with his canines showing while maintaining eye contact.

"Y-You...! You fucking pervert!" her cheeks went red and she stormed off to her computer. Furiously she typed away clearly trying to not think about what Alucard had just done.

"I like this color of red on you." looking to the dark red skirt he remembered how the decadent color contrasted against her place skin.

"Well, good luck getting me into a skirt." while clearly she was sarcastic and didn't mean her words to taken literally, he saw the perfect opportunity to take advantage of her.

Jerking her rolling chair backward, he spun her around and clawed at the sweats she had changed into. Much to her dismay she fought back and attempted to keep her pants on. 

"Quit it! I was only joking!" managing to pull away from the fiend she scooped herself into a ball on the chair "Look, I'll go shopping and buy your choice of clothes, okay? If I do this do you promise to leave me alone then?" sighing she took note of the grin growing on his face.

After brushing her hair and throwing on the long sleeved shirt and skirt that Alucard had thrown at her, she agreed to go shopping with the troublesome man. It didn't take him long to take advantage of her offer and forced her to take a break from her boring work that bothered him. While he'd much rather be lying in bed, in his coffin, he figured that this was a much better way to spend time with Elyza. It sort of excited him to go on this strange outing and do common things humans do.

"You have to promise you won't touch me unless I permit it. If you force yourself on me in public people will get the wrong idea, and knowing you, that could end badly." starting her car she adjusted her mirrors and allowed the engine to purr to life.

"Why should I care what other humans think?" fitting himself in the strange contraption he sat in the passenger's seat. Elyza looked over and found it rather strange to see a man so out of time sitting in a modern machine.

"Just please don't do anything weird." backing out of her driveway she began the fifteen minute drive to the local mall. It had been some time since she had visited any mall she was slightly nervous but knew that if anything, strange, were to happen, Alucard would be backing her in the blink of an eye.