IX

"So, vampires and ghouls are real?" still trying to comprehend everything Sir Inetgra had told me I asked rather confused.

"Yes, and there are many in the world who have been hidden by us. You see, Miss Carpathia, Hellsing uses their own demons to protect the world from the other monsters who'd like to see humans burn. We work under Her Majesty directly and are privately funded. Do you understand?" exhaling a drag of her cigar I attempted to wrap my head around all of this.

"So, the only way to become a vampire is by being a virgin and you got to get bit by one?" again I questioned.

"Correct, that is the only way to turn." taking a sip of water I nodded.

"And, this Alucard person? Why had he been all over me? I mean I just moved here and I don't know of any outside reason for something like that to happen unless information was held from me by my parents..." rubbing my temples I tried to ignore the eyes piercing me.

"We're not quite sure why my servant has taken such an interest in you, but, I can assure you this has nothing to do with familial matters otherwise the Hellsing organization would've found out long ago about it, do not fret." she knit her fingers together before looking over to the hulking man behind me with a glare.

"At the moment we're telling the public that what happened at Saint Joseph's hospital was a terrorist attack. The cause for the ninety nine mortality toll, the alleged terrorist completed a human engineered virus that acts like rabies. As far as expenses go, we'll be paying for everything." with a polite grin she turned toward me as I let go a breath of relief.

"We'll also be giving you lodgings until we can send you back home, you see, we're quite busy with all of the fuss that the media is putting up. I hope you don't mind the inconvienence Miss Carpathia." with that she finished her cigar and looked at me for a reaction.

I'd be living here for the time being? What?

"H-How long will I stay here? I mean, I just moved into that house and-" I was quickly cut short by Sir Integra.

"The estimated time before you can return to your home is three days. By then Walter, my butler, will be able to assist you home." she quickly stood as Walter entered the room with a laptop. I'm assuming something important is happening so this is their way of ending conversation.

"Miss Carpathia-"

"It's quite alright Sir Integra, I'll just go back to my room. Clearly you have more pressing matters." with a timid smile of understanding I headed for the door as she returned with an appreciative smile.

"I guess I'm stuck with you." wearily I plopped down onto my bed as Alucard followed me into my room. Seeing as how he lives here and all it'd be rude to force him out of his own home.

He responded with a chuckle.

"It's curious you resist me, I've noticed females of this era like to offer themselves up to me. How interesting you are different, human." he silently walked over to Elyza's bed before sitting down on the side, his face turned to her spread out body. She looked as if she were deep in thought, yet, her body enticed him. Generous mounds of flesh, a toned stomach from what he could see, and large hips. Yes, this was her, she was the spitting image of her.

"That's probably because I watched you get shot in the head and live! I mean come on, who wouldn't freak out by seeing something to fucking insane?! I can't believe there are girls out there who'd themselves at your feet for attention." with a grumble she turned on her side, her back faced him "I mean, I never even really introduced myself." she shifted.

"I do not need your name, human. I know you, I know your scent, your voice, your face, your habits and how you talk. There is no need for something so formal with me, do not bother." removing his glasses and hat he placed them aside.

"Sure you know all that crap, it's not weird at all..." trailing off she  muttered 'liar' under her breath.

"Elyza Carpathia, aged twenty one, five feet tall, weighing in at ninety pounds, born in Alaska and raised in Seattle-" now this drew the line.

"Oh quit it! That's to freaking creepy, but, you do realize that anyone in this society can get information on someone. It's not difficult with the internet and all." she cringed knowing that this man knew so much about her without her knowing anything about him!

He laughed slightly amused.

"You haven't changed much, human." suddenly he appeared at the opposite of the bedside where she had been facing, a sinister grin did not feel welcoming at all to the poor girl.

"You say that like you've met me before or something..." covering herself under a blanket she attempted to block out Alucard, but of course, she was not successful.

"I have met you before, Cosmina." he called her by a foreign name.

"Cosmina? My name is Elyza, Elyza Carpathia. Maybe you're mistaking me for someone else." showing her face she appeared confused and slightly hurt he had already forgotten her name. But, why did she feel upset? This man had been stalking her if anything and he sexually assaulted her! But still, she felt the slightest twinge of hurt.

"In this era you are known as Elyza but I know you as Cosmina from another, long forgotten, time." he grew closer and closer to Elyza, his gloved hand graced her cheek as she blushed at the gesture of gentleness.

"H-How old are you..." she trailed off, her green eyes looked uncertain.

"It has been quite some time since someone asked my age, Cosmina." something about that name made her thoughts foggy as if something had been suppressed. 

"Quit calling me that, my name is Elyza." with slight uncertainty she turned around trying to get away from the charming man. Even she herself found something pleasant in him, but she dare not admit it for it would seem as if she had some weird version of Stockholm syndrome.

"Why do humans insist on saying things that contradict what they're thinking? It's quite troublesome and annoying." with a straight face he replied. He could see her thoughts clearly, she was denying attraction to his physical form.

"Stop getting in my head! I have deserve privacy, and please just call me Elyza, Cosmina is not my name." she wriggled under the blanket.

He chuckled.

"Oh, but it is my dear Cosmina... Shall I make you remember?" with that he grabbed for her shoulder and forced her to face him.