XXXI

She could do nothing but watch as the two men battled. Her, now disowned, father cast strange beams of light from a cross that he constantly blessed with holy words. Alucard constantly shot at him with his two handguns before switching to to his vampiric form and straight on attacking her father. If only she could join Alucard and tear her father to bits. He had always been a strange tight-ass always rambling about God's will and how she would be a good daughter and work in the battle of good versus evil. He never was truly affectionate toward her. So, due to their stale relationship, she had started to hate the man and avoided him during her teenage years.

Angry with determination, she hit her legs as if trying to beat them to work. She needed to help Alucard kill her father, it had become her own personal score to settle now.

"Now, these priests have been trained to deal with soldiers in peculiar ways. In order to counteract their annoying binds, you must do as I instruct you, Cosmina." Alucard ordered her. She nodded before the man rushed at her and applied a great pressure to her neck. Instantly her legs grew weak and she toppled over.

"H-How am I supposed to undo something like this?" she asked as she tried to move her legs around.

"Where they have touched you to incapacitate you, you must touch their as well and simply break the invisible shackle there. Allow me to demonstrate how to undo their strings." he reached for her neck and applied a strange and painful pressure. Immediately, she could feel her legs again.

Looking to her hands, she mimicked how Alucard had applied pressure to her neck. Perhaps it was useful to be a war veteran...

She was able to move her legs once again and immediately she stood and unsheathed her saber.

"You never loved me or my mom, did you?" she questioned to the man as she raced toward him. Quickly he dodged her attack and was immediately faced with a bullet grazing his shoulder. Annoyed, he sighed before flipping through his book for something specific.

"Your mother and I were placed in an arranged marriage. My own family didn't want someone from your bloodline to go and fornicate with someone else and allow you to run around." he deducted before stopping at a specific page. So they had monitored who carried her own blood?

"Cosmina, do not fight him." Alucard ordered behind her. Turning her head she shot him a questionable glance.

"He's only interested in my death, not taking your life. If you hide you will be safe." stepping in front of her, he grinned before reloading his guns and immediately firing them at the her father.

"Are you kidding me?! My own father arranged for me to be raped! Fuck this, I'm going to kill him." she exclaimed with great rage. While he enjoyed hearing her get riled up, he certainly would not be happy if she died in the mist of this anger.

"Cosmina," he started with a firm tone "you are to hide and wait until I come find you." with a harsh bite to his words he glanced to her one moment before putting his weapons down and taking many hits from her father's strange catalyst. She had never heard Alucard be quite this serious before, maybe she should just listen to him...

Hesitantly, she sheathed her weapon and ran down a hall. Her father turned to her for one last moment and attempted to fire an incantation at her only to have the great vampire catch his attention and transform into something horrid. So, he didn't want to show this to Elyza? He laughed for a moment before pulling out several sheathed blades. This is where the heat of the battle would happen, no more dancing around one another's tricks.

"Do you think taking your daughter away from me would stop anything? The cycle would only repeat you imbecile." Alucard angrily growled at the man from his unholy shadows.

"I'm aware that if I killed my own daughter or took her purity she'd only be reborn once more, however, if I stop this cycle at the source, everything would end." he retorted before pulling out a gun and shooting into the heart of the disgusting miasma. The cloud of darkness simply took the blow and remained twisting and planning this man's painful demise. The priest shot several dozen more bullets before reloading and covering his nose. It slowly began to reek of rotting meat and coagulated blood. So, this is what this monster is capable of? Perhaps he will meet his demise here...

"Do you truly think you can defeat me at your age? Those old bones are starting to rub against each other, aren't they? Even with your laughable handicap, I won't dare give you a fighting chance." he yelled from the shadows. Immediately, the priest could make out two red eyes from the swirling abyss. The old man snarled at his cheeky remark and immediately pulled out an old necklace; a cross that was cut diagonally.

"While my body may be old, humans can excel even at this age with the proper care. You will never experience growing old and tired, you will be forever tormented with those you ever gave a shit about dying. Your master will pass on and then what are you to do? Be the loyal dog and hide your tail between your legs? You had to watch the one person you loved died already... Learn your place you mutt!" exclaimed before throwing the rusted necklace into the void in front of him. A moment of silence fell over the two.

"I'm surprised you recovered this from that tree. But, did you think this would make me rethink everything I've done to this point? Do you think me a sentimental creature? No, you humans are the ones who dwell on the past and sob when you cannot right your past wrongs. Do not mistake me for the same as you!" he vociferated. Taken aback, the old man truly realized that the man he was facing was a monster...

Without another second, a snarl echoed before a great furry mass of red eyes and sharpened teeth rushed at him. So this was the infamous dog he had been told about? Defensively, he shot at it and attempted to contain this wild mutt.