XXXIII

Wandering the halls in search of Cosmina, he sniffed the air before following the scent of her sweat.

"Get off of me! Get the fuck off!" she screeched to the top of her lungs. The men ignored her and continued to tear and pull at her clothing. Everything hurt, nothing felt right, just how could this all be happening to her? How was this all possible in such a short amount of time? Where was Alucard? Where was he when she needed her? Dear God, she needed Alucard... Why couldn't he just appear before her and tear these bloody fools apart? Why couldn't he storm in and shoot them all to death and then scoop her up and say sweet nothings and kiss her? Just where was he when she needed him...

Angrily he burst through the door and saw a glimpse of one of their members near Cosmina's entrance. Without remorse, without a fucking second thought, he whipped out his Casull and shot the two men in the head. Blood splattered everywhere as the bullets made collision. They toppled over and onto Cosmina, only to have her gasp and push them off. She was badly bruised and almost naked with scraps of clothes lining her belly and arms. Her breasts, face, and thighs were all covered in the splatter of her assaulters.

"It's warm..." she commented before dabbing her finger in the substance and rubbing it between her fingers. Her eyes were wide and her mouth heaving for breath.

Walking over to her slowly, he studied her figure for one moment before reaching down and scooping her up in his arms, immediately she flinched before relaxing. Blood dripped off of her sides before smearing onto his clothes.

"He was so close to actually inserting it." she commented before starting to tear up. With a sigh, he stopped and looked to her with somber eyes that looked tired from worry and anxiety. Locking gazes, she broke down and began to sob uncontrollably. Feeling her shake and cry, he held her as he sat down and hugged her. Hysterical, she fell limp and felt the tendrils of sorrow wrap around her mind before implanting her thoughts with terrible memories and scenes of what had happened earlier. They didn't listen, they didn't show expressions, all they did was hit her and pin her down. They forced opened her legs after constant thrashing and kicking only to dislocate her thighs.

"Do not cry, Cosmina." Alucard comforted her before running his fingers through her hair before resting them onto her back. Attempting to get ahold of herself as Alucard instructed, she pulled away before wiping her eyes with her hands. As soon as she did so, she felt the warmth of the blood she had on her fingers all over her face. She screamed before rubbing and clawing at her eyes sockets to get the murky substance out of her vision.

Grabbing her wrists, he hugged her once more while keeping her arms under his own as a restraint. Wailing and sobbing, she hit her arms against him before relaxing.

"M-My legs... They're dislocated." she commented before trying to move her legs only to have a weak twitching feeling emanate from the afflicted sockets. Pulling away, he pressed a thumb to her bare thigh.

"We'll worry about that once we return to my master's manor." he replied before cupping his fingers around the frame of her face and tilting her head upward to his eyes. Her nose was red and cheeks puffy from the constant crying; tears ran down her cheeks while snot dripped down her nose.

Without another second for her to say something, he brought his lips to her own as she sniffled. Surprised, yet comfortable with the action, she allowed it to happen.

"Due to her erratic movements, she punctured one of her lungs and her heart. She's bleeding out and losing consciousness. There's too much bone shrapnel for us to repair the cuts safely." a surgeon reported to the three anxious people. Seras's eyes went wide while Integra scrunched her brows together. They all looked to Alucard—or at least where he had been.