V

She was so going to regret this...

Swallowing her pride, she attempted to drag the incapacitated man by the shoulders. It was difficult given he was extremely heavy. Softly placing his head on the ground she climbed over him, her small frame hovering his large build. Taking a deep breath she began to perform CPR by repeatedly pressing hard over his heart in attempts to have it beat once more.

'Oh, oh, oh, stayin' alive, stayin' alive...' she repeated in her head. The beat of the song was always a good way to start.

Placing her ear over his chest she heard nothing. Worried she continued, then listened, and again, no pulse could be heard. Panicking she decided he needed oxygen, given he had no breath oxygen was vital.

Without thinking twice she placed her lips over his, forced air into him, then continued the rhythmic beats against his chest. She listened once more, still nothing.

As she continued, she noticed the rise and fall of his chest. He was breathing now? Placing her fingers under his nose she barely felt any air against them. He must be barely getting along.

Once more, she propped open his lips before forcefully pumping air into the man's system. Pulling away, a sudden force pulled her down keeping her lips pressed against his own.

Wide eyed she muffled a scream. Was he alive now?!

Finally able to pull away she coughed and hacked. What the Hell!

Deafening laughter erupted from the man.

"W-What the fuck was that?!" she screeched, her cheeks red and her mind fumbling over her words. What was that man thinking?!

"It is most rude to take advantage of those resting, human." the man started off, his lips curling upward even further.

"Resting?! You just got shot in the head you idiot! I was trying to help you, Goddamn, I knew I shouldn't have tried to resurrect you!" backing into a corner she shaked.

"Save my life?" he chuckled "No, I saved your pathetic life mortal. I was merely regenerating flesh wounds your kind could never live through." standing he waltzed over to the female, in his mind there was no doubt that she made his skin fester and itch. Yes, this girl would be his. He knew all too well what was happening and that this could no be changed. It wasn't fate or chance that brought them here, no, ever since he left his humanity he was bound to her. And she was bound to him.

"W-What the Hell are you then!" she screamed clutching her injured wrist.

"A good question indeed. I am no human, I am a creature of the night, a nosferatu, blood-drinker, monster, demon, evil. Yes, there are many names for me..." after all of these years humans had concocted quite the names for him "But, I am most well-known as Alucard, King of Vampires."

"V-Vampire?! Are you high or something? How the Hell would vampires exist so long without society knowing about them! You're insane!" she retorted. Something about the way she yelled or screamed excited him so he paid no mind to her foolish words but rather stared at her complextion.

Slim, pale skin, soft lips, brown locks of long hair that curled at the tips, and her astoundingly green eyes captured him. This vessel was magnificent...

"How foolish, you think there would be those who allowed the public to know about our existence?" she felt ten times smaller realizing he was right. It was like every damned conspiracy theory she had heard of. The government doesn't want us to know...

"S-Still, after all these years wouldn't it be harder to contain? I mean come on, this shit is the crap you'd hear while trick-or-treating! Fuck, why I should I even believe you?" that was a stupid question and she knew it. Afterall, he had just taken a bullet to the head and recovered in minutes.

"Your thoughts betray what you have spewed." growing tired of this pointless debate with a human who was in shock, he removed his glasses.

He could read her mind?

"Your-your eyes... It's pitch black but I can see them..." she muttered to herself in disbelief. Glowing eyes?

"Enough of this." with a decisive tone in his voice he grabbed the mortal by the wrist before pulling her up to his level.

Yes, the feeling of her pulse against his gloves was enjoyable. Her heart was racing and he could feel it, yes, this girl was definitely the vessel he had been waiting for. So many years and finally he has her, no more waiting.

A deep chuckle escaped his lips as he took a deep breath of her scent. She smelled of cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. All very cloudy scents that fogged his thoughts the more he breathed in.

"Please put me down..." she trailed off timidly, her face was flushed as she realized how close they were. She'd never been intimate with another man before, she was always busy and never felt the need to have someone else in her life.

A loud thump on the door took her attention as she quickly whipped her head. Ghouls?

Another loud thud followed and then more consecutively pounded on the door. Alucard never turned his attention away from his human specimen.

"They're going to get in..." nervously she croaked. Perhaps he should deal with the remainder of the ghouls before he does anything with this human girl. He couldn't have her die.

Placing her down gently on the far side of the room, he pulled out his pistols and loaded them. Quickly knocking down the door he shot a flurry of bullets into the rotten meat. They dropped one after another on the floor.

Elyza watched in amazement as to how this man could so easily take out a hoard of those monsters. She did have to admit he looked rather badass handling a gun.

As the extermination ended, Alucard turned to face her. He grew tired of this petty vampire hunt.

"Wait here like a good human while I take care of this. Do not leave." he demanded of her in a low tone. Quickly she nodded back knowing that if she left and disobeyed this man's wishes he could easily kill her.