II

"Oh, are you the new hematologist that's being transferred?" the young nurse greeted her at the counter of the hospital. She seemed cheery in her blue outfit and messy hair.

"Yeah, I'm just looking for the blood department. I didn't really get a map when I arrived over here. Would you mind pointing out to me where it is?" she questioned sheepishly.

"Of course, you just go down the hall, take a left, past two doors, and then you'll see 'hematology' labelled on the door. It should be unlocked, the professor should be working in there. He's part of a college program for undergrad students trying to get their medical degrees. He's pretty dry humored so don't be offended by him." she explained whilst pointing in the general direction of where the hematology department was.

"Thanks, shouldn't be too difficult. I appreciate the help." smiling she started to head in the general direction she was told to head to.

"Good luck!" with a giggle the teenager quickly went back to her work on the computer.

"Oh?" he mused to himself.

So that soul finally arrived, the one that would make all the difference. Yes, an exciting day indeed. Indeed, indeed... Now to investigate, this specimen drew him quite a bit. A gravity to that one human made him want to claw at the walls and tear through anything that stopped him.

As a doctor who had been in the field for a few years she knew Halloween always brought people to their doorstep. Usually they were volunteers for haunted houses or corn mazes who had been punched by people who fight instead of fly.

It never was usually too bad, at most a broken arm or leg. Nothing she couldn't handle.

Yawning she continued to fill out various paperwork regarding her transfer over to England. It was dense, and made her eyes retreat within their sockets. Her stamina was wearing low as it neared one in the morning. A cup of coffee accompanied her along with music streaming in the background.

Setting aside the documents she fell back into the form fitting chair that was fairly cushioned.

It had been a long day, full of work, making phone calls, and sifting through her luggage. Sleep threatened her, and with no defense she would gladly welcome it if it hadn't been for the unease she felt. Something was going to happen, she knew it. Her body was tense and her mind on edge, it was difficult to relax.

If only this feeling of wariness would pass, if anything it was just moving anxieties getting to her, which was typical.

Sighing she left the room and made her way for the staff room which was equipped with a coffee machine and a small snack bar. Staying up so late required energy, something she was desperate for in all honesty.

Pushing the door open, with swift steps she made her way to a piece of cake that had been left behind for the staff to snack on. Chocolate was her favorite so of course the treat drew her. Unwrapping the food, she set up a paper plate for her to eat of off.

Her stomach grumbled noisily and with a sigh she hastily took a bite out of the sweet cake. Rich and smooth textures filled her mouth and she then headed back to her desk, plate of food in hand.

"Sir Integra!" the voice beeped over the phone.

"What is it?" curious she put the man on speaker.

"Alucard has left the building, he's left and isn't showing up anywhere near the estate." he explained frantically. She smirked, Walter must've forgotten to tell them. No, he wouldn't forget, he just decided against it.

"Do not worry, I've sent Alucard on a mission to take care of a mobile vampire heading for a hospital not too far from London. Remain at ease men." barking orders she exhaled the smoke of her lit cigar whilst sitting back in her chair.

"Alright Sir Integra, we shall keep you updated." and with that the employee cut out with a dial tone.

Tonight, the moon was missing. Tonight the stars barely showed themselves through the thick layer of fog and mist. Yes, tonight was the perfect night to pursue a vampire fledgling. A hunt that would end soon enough just as it begun.

His target was a forty year old man who had started to go on some sort of bloodrage along with his fiancé. Or so he was told. A romantic night would slowly come to an end for the two fools. Yes, romance shall die tonight, he mused to himself.

Silently she walked down the long hall, the lights illuminated the way. Mindlessly she followed, her thoughts set on how she was going to drive herself home tonight without falling asleep at the wheel. Maybe she'd just fall asleep on the couch in the lounge room. But if someone were to find her it could be rather embarrassing on her behalf.

"Attention all personnel, attention. This is the security devision, we've recieved notice from the police that a murderer has been on the loose. Do not panic, lock the doors of your rooms, turn off the lights, and remain quiet while the police make there way here. If you're in charge of patients lock their doors and remain with them, do not leave their side. Again, do not panic, the police are almost here." a voice echoed through the hall from the speakers.

Her stomach in her throat she froze. A murder making their way here? No! This wasn't happening.

Without a second thought, she darted for her lab room, inside the old professor, Mr. Edwards, already had locked himself inside. Unaware she continued for the door only to reach for the handle and realize it was locked.

"Hey open up! I can't be here alone! Not with that crazy person heading this way! Come one!" pounding on the door, she begged to be allowed in.

The professor replied from the other side of the door.

"How am I supposed to know you're not the psychopath!" and with that a loud thump rammed into the door. She assumed he was barricading it.

"Fuck..." she muttered to herself. Her mind was in overdrive, and her heartbeat was feverishly high. This couldn't be happening could it? No, she must've fallen asleep, or-or this was just some joke for Halloween she wasn't aware of. It couldn't be happening...