XXVIII

Moartea=Death

Should she really become a vampire? It had only been six days since the idea had been proposed to her. Was that much time really enough? Rolling onto her side she traced her tongue along her canines with the idea that they would become fangs if she truly did change. Just... What would she do after becoming a vampire? Would she just live here at Hellsing and mess around as she pleased? Or would she force herself to sleep at nights and work during the days? She supposed she could always change her working schedule to later hours... No, no, what was she thinking? If she became a night walker, she'd be stuck with Alucard; a man she doesn't even love. Twiddling with a piece of her hair, she looked to the clock: Five at night already? Where had the hours gone?

He looked at the saber that he had forged for her. The weapon still looked just as fresh despite all of the years of it waiting for someone to wield it again... Putting his hand to the blade, he envisioned Elyza dismounting from her horse, killing a couple of men, before riding once more and plowing over other enemies. He loved watching her be the loyal soldier she had been, once she wields this weapon her memories will return, as well as her skills to duel with the weapon. She had always been his knight during his reign, so loyal and willing to protect. He chuckled to himself as he thought of how she had tried to assassinate him while he was sleeping.

"Y-You're trying to find immortality?" she questioned before sipping on a glass of wine. He nodded as he too drank from his own chalice.

"The idea occurred to me when I was dealing with outside forces. You see, I don't wish for such brutality, but, to rule such an unruly land, one must lay down an iron first of fear." swirling the drink around in his cup he looked to her for a reaction.

"You have a present for me?" she questioned innocently as she packed away her clothes. He nodded before suddenly picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. She yelped with surprise before growling and thrashing her legs about.

"You could just give it to me right here! Why do you have to pick me up?!" she yelled at him as he descended down the stairs that led to his chambers. He chuckled as he rested a hand over her rear and gave a good squeeze. She immediately kicked him and angrily protested.

"Fuck off! I didn't say you could do that!" she exclaimed in annoyance. With a smile, he opened the doors before setting her down and proceeding to walk to his coffin. She straightened out her hoodie before following him curiously.

"Is that a coffin?" she asked before stepping beside him. He nodded and walked over to his prized possession before tracing his fingers over the dark wood.

"I'm a little young to need that yet... Unless, that's yours?" she questioned before walking closer to the morbid object.

"Yes Elyza, this is indeed my own coffin. It's whats within it that is your prize." he replied before allowing the top to swing open. A swirling darkness slowly seeped out of the box and slathered the ground in shadows filled with eyes that spread to Elyza. She shivered at the sight of the strange orbs stirring about in the darkness. So this was another thing Alucard was capable of?

"W-What exactly is my gift?" she asked while taking a step backward in fear. Alucard grinned as he placed a gloved hand into the swirling abyss of red miasma and spinning eyes. She shivered while fear coursed through her blood and clouded her thoughts with doubt. Just what could be hiding in there?

A form slowly started to appear from the murky darkness, it was angular with a slight curve. The more she observed the formulating figure the more it resembled a sword or something of the sort. Why would Alucard give her something so... deadly? She had no idea how to use a sword so what would be the point of such an object being in her possession? Then again, Alucard did always have his reasons.

His hand reached for the hilt of the sheathed weapon before grinning and shutting away his coffin, but, the strange mess of shadows did not disappear.

"Moartea, a sword from the finest flame, from the the finest of craftsmen and the most dazzling mercury threaded steel... This blade has always been your's Elyza, now, wield it once more." mesmerized by his charming smile as he unsheathed the gleaming sword, a spark ran through her brain. Moartea? Why did that sound so familiar? Before she could ponder the matter further, he sheathed the weapon before giving her the handle. Still rather confused, her hand reached for the weapon unsure of how to respond to such a bizarre present. Her lithe fingers ran around the welded metal and took the weight of the weapon in her grasp. He let go and watched with anticipation as she slowly revealed the blade from it's casing.