XXIII

Smoking a cigar he grinned at the information laid before him. They found her, after searching they finally found her house and knew where she lived. Sure it didn't take long, but those days felt like weeks. The idea of seeing pain in that monster's face made him.

That tyrant won't succeed.

The lights shuddered before crackling and allowing the world around them to turn black. She opened her mouth and stifled a scream as teeth pierced her skin in the precise moment of darkness settling. Her body shook with fear and pain; prior she had thought that teeth penetrating her skin wouldn't be as painful, but, in actuality, the pain seared her mind with an unimaginable white pain. She cried as a tear slipped down her cheek and dropped down into the black mess of his hair. His fangs were embedded in her neck, daring to crush it. It wasn't like in movies or in books, the entire set of teeth pierced her skin. Not just canines, but his entire mouth drew blood from her, painfully; this wasn't like the last time at all.

His eyes were wide and glowing with red as blood dribbled past his lips and down his chest. Such a warm substance drew him mad, the life in every cell sent his mind wild. He wanted to keep doing this, he wanted to kill her painfully and make her his own draculina. Dear God, he needed her life, he needed to consume her and be her death. His tongue pressed against her skin as he allowed the puddle of life settle over his taste buds.

A silver necklace glimmered in the darkness, a puff of smoke blew into her face as she coughed violently. The same smell of morphine... A syringe had been gleaming in the harsh light, slowly the metal needle came closer to her.

"Sir! The police are on their way! You have to leave right now!" a young voice busted through metal doors. The blonde haired man growled before setting the medical device down. He dropped his cigar and fumbled with the pendant on his breast pocket.

He stopped for a moment. His mind boiled with anger and his kingdom, within his coffin, shook with rage. How fucking dare they?! Since when had that group regained their roots in the world? When did they reform? When? How long have they known about Elyza? How long have they been watching her? Had they been trying to kill her? Had they been trying to convert her into something else? What the fuck was this? They had gotten so close, a needle piercing the skin and an injection... That's how close they had been last time. Who was to say they wouldn't succeed after another attempt?

Pulling away, his long tongue licked up remains of chewed up flesh and blood still flowing. She whimpered as his saliva entered her wounds that were raw. Should he tell her? Or should he allow her to be ignorant of people who seeked his demise? Both had their pro's and cons, but, which one would be best? Ultimately, he made the split second decision to tell her while she's still slightly buzzed.

"Do you remember being taken from your home as a child?" he chided quietly as he continued to lick at her wounds.

"Y-Yeah, my mom told me..." she responded as she started to relax knowing he was done. He fell silent before running his hand through her hair and lifting her to sit on his lap. She was still tense and fear still ran freshly through her thoughts. While he felt bad for scaring her, seeing this sort of reaction from her drove his vampiric senses wild.

"How do you know?" she asked curiously.

"When a vampire drinks the blood of another creature, they can see memories." he answered while reaching for a blanket to keep her body warm.

"Oh," she thanked him before pulling the sheets over herself while shivering "I can't feel my head..." with her eyes shut tightly, she resisted the coming feeling of unconsciousness falling over her. Just the right amount of blood-loss and she would blackout. It was rather annoying, especially given she didn't want to fall asleep with Alucard in her bed. She'd much rather sleep by herself than with a lecherous vampire. Curse her anemia.

He watched as her consciousness faded and fell limp.

"Why couldn't this have been simpler?" he questioned to himself as he petted over her cheek. He had placed her in bed given she didn't show signs of waking up anytime soon. But now that he was alone, he had time to contemplate whether or not he wanted to retrieve the vessel that would restore her memories. He had personally crafted it for her, with the blessed silver and mercury infused edges. He would have to retrieve it from his kingdom in which he had hid it from all others. Why couldn't he have just let her slowly restore her memories? Why did those fucking scum have to step into the mix and attempt to take what was his? His war with them had ended long ago when they failed to execute him. To think that they'd hold a grudge for this long? Humans can be so petty and annoying. While fighting would prove to be rather easy, it was a matter of protecting what he held dear; Elyza would not be willing to reside at Hellsing. He'd either have to force her, which he detested the thought of, or allow her to stay in this, barely fortified home, and be at their mercy. 

Growling his grip tightened around her neck, why couldn't he kill her yet? Why not just make things so much easier and take away the thing that made her so vulnerable? She needed to make up her mind, she needed to understand that what he was offering for her was truly her best bet at living. He couldn't have her become a petty ghoul like before, no she wasn't even that. She was a monster with half a soul and part ghoul.

Forcing his hand away he lifted her body to rest on his own. She was still heavily asleep and simply breathed lightly. His patience was growing thin and he knew it. After fucking years upon years of waiting, to think she could be killed so easily made him boil to his very core.

Things would most certainly change, no, not even change, he needed her to remain in an illusion of safety; things would simply schimbare.