IV

His ears picked up the sound of panicked breathing, uneven, ragged, and fast. The sound excited him.

"Come out girly, I can smell you." he lulled pacing up and down the stalls. After suffering the loss of his fiancé he was desperate to take something, drink virgin blood, destroy.

"There's not point in hiding, I know where you are. It'll be less painful if you come out and surrender." with that he stopped in front of the bathroom stall he could sense the girl in. She sniffled and let out a whimper as she soon realized hiding was pointless.

"Alright fine, I'll just force you out..." and with that the crazed man kicked down the door with a large smirk. The brunette crying over the toilet looked up helplessly, she knew she was going to die to the hands of a serial killer.

Swiftly Alucard kicked down the door, inside a nurse wearing who looked in her twenties wiped off snot and tears that covered her face. It was amusing to see.

Quickly she ran past him, or at least tried to. Bumping into his shoulder, she tripped before slamming her face down into the dirty floor. She did not move, did not make a sound, did not struggle. She was limp, undone by her stupid attempt of leaving.

A great trill of laughter escape the vampire, he supposed that was one less ghoul to deal with. Sauntering out of the room he headed toward a scream.

"Stop fucking moving, bitch!" with the girl in his grasp he elbowed her side causing her to buckle and fall into submission "Good girl, now, you'll be my hostage so that when that fucker gets here he'll have to die knowing he couldn't save a single human!" maniacal laughter escaped from his lips.

"You dare think a single human bears any meaning to me? How laughable." startled the fledgling turned round to only gawp at the tall man. His frame was monstrous, tall, foreboding, and omniscient. This was the man who shot down his beloved?!

"Quiet you! If you dare approach us I'll run my hand through her skull!" infuriated he put his claws at the ready just as he promised. The doctor whimpered and shut her eyes tightly fearing the worst. Upon reaction the weak creature pulled out a pistol and shot rapidly at the large target. 

But, bullets, they only tore through him, no wince, no cry, not even the slightest flinch.

He sauntered closer, slowly, each step practically shaking the ground. A grin spread wide on his face as he cocked his gun.

Intimidated the fledgling backed up a step or two, his expression hardening realizing this man was serious. He didn’t care at all about a human life? What was he? And how the Hell was he still alive?!

“Give up, this fight is over.” Alucard with boredom called out. He grew tired of something so predictable and cliché.

Girl, are you a virgin?

Her thoughts stopped, an alien voice pierced her thoughts and spoke to her. What was this? Who was speaking? Was it that man? No… Telepathy? That’s impossible, she must be having some sort of mental break down if she’s hearing voices.

What the Hell?

I said, are you a virgin. My patience grows thin, human.

Would it be wise to respond? At this point it didn't really even matter, she was as good as dead.

Y-Yes... She trailed off.

A sudden rush of adrenaline ran through her, could this be the time to escape his grip? It was now or never, she could live or die if she didn't act quick.

Without thinking she bit down on the man's hand, sending him flying back in pain as his thumb fell to the ground. The No-Life King wasted no time, quickly he shot the weak adversary, a bullet ran straight through his forehead. 

With a thud, the, now dead, fledgling fell to the ground, his eyes wild and mouth open.

The great vampire then turned his attention to the hostage who had saved herself surprisingly.

Holy shit, it worked, oh my God, I'm alive. It worked, it fucking worked. What the Hell, oh my God...

Slightly victorious the girl let out a deep exhale knowing that, for the moment, she was safe and alive. However, returning to the moment she caught her breath before sitting up on her legs. It was dark, but she could faintly make out the linings of figures and some depth. Squinting, she peered up to the man looming over her. He appeared to be wearing some sort of duster, large hat, and glasses. Such a peculiar get up.

It was then she felt lightheaded, not now. Now of all times? Why must her body be so weak, honestly. Liquid dripped down her nose as her sense of taste and hearing dulled. Curse her anemia.

"Oh? Is that what was smelling sweet earlier?" the vampire looked down, a large grin ear to ear adorned his face. So decadent, it drove him mad to resist.

Caught off guard by the man's deep and assertive tone, she quickly looked up.

"E-Excuse me...?" confused she managed to choke that much out. Sweet? What in the world was the man going on about now?

"Your blood, it smells sweet." he bent down to her level suddenly, in the moonlight she could see his white teeth gleam.

"W-What the fuck? You may have saved my life but that's just fucking crazy!" she quickly retorted, slowly backing up. Who the Hell did this guy think he was!

"Hm, I wonder..." without hesitation the red-clad man snatched her wrist forcefully pulling the human to his level. Grin never fading, he peered into her green eyes.

Was this the human that made him stir? 

"W-What the Hell do you think you're doing?!" with a scream she struggled under his firm grasp. It was amusing to feel this live flesh squirm in his grasp, pleasing almost. It had been quite some time since he had felt something like this "Let go of me! You can't do this, I'm human too!" tears slipped from the corner of her eyes.

"Human?" a frightening laughter escaped his mouth, so loud and maniacal "Girl, I am no human. You are the only human here. Everyone else has been turned into a ghoul." another chuckled escaped his lips as his grip tightened causing pops and cracks in her bones. She screamed in pain.

"What is your name, mortal?" his grin faded.

"W-What's it to you?" stubbornly she replied.

Before the man could do anything to reply, a sudden burst of light shot through the darkness before dissipating. A large explosion, blood, and suddenly the ferocious man fell limp, a grin remaining on his expression. It was then she realized he had been shot through the head.

Screaming she scrambled away, that man was still alive, the man who had been holding her hostage!

"Did you really think I'd die so easily?! You may have killed my fiance but I'm a higher calibur than anything you've even seen before!" dropping his gun the murderer turned to the girl with a scowl. This was not worth his time.

"Whatever, you're going to die anyways. Once my ghouls reach here you'll be food." and with that he left the room and disappeared into the darkness. Behind him followed groans and primitive snarls. The ghouls made no short time of coming to free, defenseless food.

Holding her breath she knew if she didn't act quickly those things they kept talking about would come over here. She cursed herself out before walking to the door and shutting it closed, then locking it. It would at least stall those monsters.

Looking down she then remembered this man had been shot in the head. There was no way he was alive now, but, something in her felt guilty, as if she should try and resurrect him. No, that was ludicrous, CPR on a man who claimed he wasn't even human? How foolish. But, every nursing instinct within her told her otherwise...