XIV

Eventually, sooner than foretold, their time together ended. She had to leave, which of course bothered him. She, however, needed the break from the clingy man who constantly touched her, caressed her, and whispered sweet nothings into her ear. If she were to even consider entering a relationship with that man, a lot of thinking needed to be done. Would she tell her parents? Would she be entitled to the dangerous missions she had heard he had been assigned in the past? Why think of this now? With a sigh she walked down the stairs to the car where she would soon be driven home; however, Walter greeted her at the foot of the staircase.

"I believe Sir Integra requests you in her study." Walter escorted her to the direction of Integra's office. What would she need with her? Surely she wasn't giving her a farewell...

As they stepped foot into the large room, Elyza took in the decor; all kinds of emblems and certificates adorned the walls while priceless pieces of artwork hung for decor. 

"You wanted to see me?" curious she sat down.

"Yes," she stood before turning around and dropping a large case with unknown contents "I have an offer to make." what is this about? And what's in the suitcase?

"Offer?" Elyza repeated rather confused.

"Yes, you see, it's my business that word of supernatural events and incidents dont reach the public. And seeing as how you're the only survivor left of the hospital incident, I cannot allow you to go off and exposing our establishment and what we do. However," opening the case she looked to Elyza "I wish to meet an agreement." her voice stone cold she continued to watch as Integra lifted revealed the contents of the compartment.

Money?!

"W-What?" she replied rather dumbfounded.

"In return for the six million some odd pounds, I request you never speak of Hellsing, think of Alucard, or dare even attempt to return." lighting a cigar she turned to a window.

"S-Six million pounds?! Isn't that like, a million dollars in American cash!" quickly she stood, her eyes studying over the large amount of money.

"This much money is nothing to us, Miss Carpathia. But, the only way I can grantee you receiving it is if you completely destroy any and all bonds with Alucard and the Hellsing organization..." such a tempting offer for the speechless girl. Who says no to that much money? Only a fool right? So, why does she feel so hesitant to take this money at such a little cost? It couldn't be that she wanted attention from Alucard, no, she always wanted to be as far away as she could be from him.

"I-I," regaining her ability to speak Elyza slowly composed herself "I feel like it's wrong to take so much money." with certainty in her voice she looked the other way from the glorious amount of wealth that was being offered to her.

"Miss Carpathia, this is nothing to us. It wouldn't mean a thing to give away this small fortune." Integra replied still looking out the window.

"I just don't think I should take it, it doesn't feel right to do that." tugging at the hem of her skirt she was certain of this decision "I'm sorry Sir Integra, but, I must decline this offer. I'm well off expenses wise but I appreciate your efforts." without another word, Elyza made a quick leave from the room. Integra smirked, yes, she had predicted this.

Elyza had been instructed to wear this think cloth around her head to cover up her eyes to keep her from remembering how to get to Hellsing. While she disagreed with the ethics of going about this, she understood and complied; after all, they could easily dispose of her or hold her for interrogation. Those were options she not care for.

The drive was boring and soon she found herself drifting off to a foggy sleep.

"I shall not leave you, Cosmina." gentle words found her in her final moments. She was broken physically, but mentally, she was not ready to let go of her king. No, she must stay a faithful knight and queen for him. She could not abandon her duties, who would take care of him? Who would be there to protect him every night? She was not ready to leave his service, it could not be happening so soon...

"I'm sorry my King, my body cannot serve me..." raising a pale hand she cupped his cheek, the bristles of his facial hair brushed against her skin. 

"I command you to stay here, Cosmina. You're duties here are not finished, you must stay!" the grip on her arm grew tighter and tighter. She did not want to refuse his wishes, but sadly, this was something beyond her control.

"I must decline..." a sorrowful smile tugged at her lips weakly. Perhaps there was another way...

Pulsating, throbbing, every instant he found it harder and harder to hold back. He couldn't... No, she didn't want that, no, he must respect her final wishes.

"Cosmina, every moment I find it harder to contain myself." running his fingers through her tangled hair he tried to resist.

"In my last few breaths, my life is yours." she turned her head weakly, revealing her neck and how it had been bruised from earlier. Yet, such a sight made him angry, hungry, and full of blood-lust. Why must she tempt him so terribly!

"Go on my king, this is my final feast with you..." her eyes remained opened, glossy and empty he knew she was no more. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

NO!

"Cosmina!" he screamed into the open air, his fangs showing themselves. No, this could not be!

Without hesitation, without the slightest thought of remorse, he bit down lodging himself into the still blood that no longer ran through her veins. He would devour her, taste her, he would own her in these final moments. She would become a part of him! She could not leave, there was nothing she could do to leave. Even if it meant this being her personal Hell she could not leave! No, he would not have this! She was his, his, his, his, his! No one could have her! 

Tears.

The sky, it cried. 

Blood dribbled down his jawline. He was... crying? Such a terrible memory... But, in that dream, he was fueled with fury. He would not let her leave him again.