XXXIV-END

Taking a whiff of the air, she confirmed that the delicious smell was wafting from the squishy, plastic bag in front of her. Alucard watched curiously with his smug smile.

"That's blood..." she stated before sitting up and rushing to the nearest bathroom.

There was no doubt about it, the proof was incontrovertible... Her teeth were sharpened and her canines were replaced with fangs. She constantly ran her tongue over the pearly pieces of calcium before starting to panic. All of her bruises were gone as well, and a pair of fangs dotted both sides of her neck. Screaming, she splashed cold water onto her face before slamming her fist into the bathroom counter. This couldn't be happening to her...

"Something wrong?" a calm voice greeted her before hands rested on her hips and pulled her close.

"Y-You did it didn't you?" she quietly cried.

"You were going to die, Cosmina. It was the only thing we could do to keep you here." he explained before rubbing up and down her sides.

"What happened?" she asked still trying to get a grip on the situation.

"You had struggled to the point you punctured your own flesh with broken bones. Those humans could not save you." he traced a finger over the two indents of her neck.

With a sigh she looked down before straightening out her back.

"I had prepared myself for something like this." she explained before spinning around and walking past Alucard. Watching her rear, he grinned before following her.

Staring at the bag in front of her, she gulped before picking it up and breathing in the smell of her food. It was so strange how the red liquid smelled like something delicious and flavorful. Her stomach bubbled before her mouth started to water. Curious, he watched her from the bed as she brought the catheter to her lips. He had expected her to cry and become angry with him, but she was always full of surprises. With a grin he noticed how her eyes flashed red before her tongue stuck out to the plastic tube. Chuckling from her eagerness, she looked to him for a moment with eyes full of hunger before wrapping her lips arounds the tube and sucking out the iron liquid. Perhaps this was a euphemism?

Eyes going wide as she drank, various memories ran past her eyes, and before she knew it, the entire bag was empty.

"How was it?" Alucard asked curiously. After a few blinks, her eyes returned to their usual green.

"It tasted good..." she responded before sighing and placing the bag down. Wondering what troubled her, he watched as she walked to the bed and tucked her legs under the soft comforter.

"I just don't know how to feel about this... I'm going to have to change my hours and I won't be able to make friends without them noticing I don't age. And I know that if you hadn't done this I'd be dead, but-" before she could continue her downward spiral, Alucard rushed over to her and threw himself on top of her. Startled, her eyes widened before she covered her breasts and closed her eyes with scrunched brows.

"None of that matters anymore, Cosmina. All you ever have to do is remain here by my side and forget about everything else." he explained to her before running a hand through her hair. Shaking her head she looked to him.

"But I want to do things, I want to go out and occupy myself. I don't know how long I could stand being a bird in a cage." she replied only to have Alucard think for a moment. This wasn't something he had foreseen, but, with her sword she could be a valuable asset as she once was.

"I am often sent out to kill other vampires who prey on the public, what if you were to join me on my nightly hunts?" he inquired only to have her think for a moment.